Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NL100 - Top two pair on paired draw heavy board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542733)

Kharlog 11-10-2007 06:07 AM

NL100 - Top two pair on paired draw heavy board

The opponent is quite aggressive, no other reads yet. I think this turn check/raise looks like a semibluff quite often and may induce shoves from worse hands. How would you play this hand? Is my play bad, why?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: $174.30
Hero: $90.20

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $3</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $4</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($14, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $167.3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $68.2...

KexChoklad123 11-10-2007 07:16 AM

Re: NL100 - Top two pair on paired draw heavy board

If you don't have so many reads on him he most likely don't have so many reads on you and therefore I don't like how you got the cash in. From his point of view this might very well be how you play a 7/draw, but he still shoves..

Kharlog 11-10-2007 07:46 AM

So how would you play this hand?

KakiTee 11-10-2007 07:50 AM

rebuy preflop

emKay 11-10-2007 07:53 AM

I would call the turn and fold to a substantial river bet. IMO the biggest part of his shoving range are bigger PPs, plus he still has quite decent equity the times he does this w a draw, most likely w one or to overs to your pair.

KexChoklad123 11-10-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So how would you play this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call turn, call river if he is aggro. In my limited experience from these blind levels your play is not EV+
vs anyone but tilted fish

Tupacia 11-10-2007 03:28 PM

This hand is spewy. Your turn c/r basically turns your top pair into a bluff, as all hands you beat will probably fold (although I think you should make your checkraises closer to pot-size) and all hands that beat you (any 7, any 9 with a better kicker, etc.) Even combo draws like Th8h have pretty decent equity against you.

This could very well be a semibluff with a flush draw and some overs or it could be a made hand with a 7 or a 9 with a better kicker. The point is, against his range the EV of your checkraise is definitely negative.

I would call on the turn (it's only $5 in a $14 pot) and re-evaluate on the river. As played, you have to fold to the all-in over the top of your checkraise.

Vinetou 11-10-2007 03:33 PM

I would play the hand passively the whole way unless I have an aggressive image in which case I sometimes induce a shove from ace high (seriously). The board is such that a lot of cards that can come are scare cards plus you might already be beat.

Preflop is marginal, especially against aggressive player, but I don't mind it.