Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Villain keeps calling my preflop raises and minraising my C-bets (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542726)

badatmath 11-10-2007 05:35 AM

Villain keeps calling my preflop raises and minraising my C-bets

There's this guy has been calling me a lot preflop if he is close to last to act, and minraises my C-bets almost every time (and I C-bet almost every time). What is the best way to deal with this?

RyanCMU 11-10-2007 05:44 AM

Re: Villain keeps calling my preflop raises and minraising my C-bets

Uhh?

Cbet better. Pick your spots better. 3bet more. C/r flops sometimes.

Phresh 11-10-2007 05:52 AM

badatmath,

So basically you're getting owned to all hell? Your opponent has likely noticed that you're raising the majority of the hands you play preflop and is putting you in an ugly spot on flop (for very cheap I might add) and forcing you to play his game. His play will work frequently as it's very hard to make good hands in NLHE.

I think the best way to readjust to this opponent is to tighten up your c-betting range and proceed with hands that can stand raises. You can also 3-bet bluff him on the flop more often than you would another player. You can also check-fold.

badatmath 11-10-2007 06:04 AM

Yeah, totally owned. I just kept c-betting thinking he would expect me to start only doing it with real hands, but the [censored] just kept minraising me. lol

BlueBear 11-10-2007 07:00 AM

Against such an opponent, the simplest defense is to c-bet more selectively rather than automatically. Profit!

The Eureka Kid 11-10-2007 07:13 AM

Coming up against these sorts of opponents actually helps me, it gets me off auto-pilot and actually thinking why I'm c-betting and who I am c-betting. As for your best approach against these players, the suggestions from the above posters are really all you can do.

TheBad 11-10-2007 07:18 AM

3-bet a couple of hands with showdown value, like 99 or TT. But remember: Villain might be lucky. I once made a stand with TT and looked like the biggest moron on earth when villain showed AK on a AKx flop..

Phresh 11-10-2007 07:22 AM

I'd rather 3-bet trash than something with value.

checkmate36 11-10-2007 09:41 AM

Wouldn't a good plan be to tighten up, make your preflop raises larger (since you will be getting called you get to build a big pot with your good hands) and then look for hands that you can take villian to valuetown with?

1p0kerboy 11-10-2007 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tighten up your c-betting range

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
C/r flops sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]