Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   25NL AK misses flop and gets mini donked (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541255)

RapidEvolution 11-08-2007 11:10 AM

25NL AK misses flop and gets mini donked

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($41.70)
UTG+1 ($11.15)
MP1 ($5.35)
MP2 ($9)
Hero ($25.10)
Button ($32.20)
SB ($20.70)
BB ($16.40)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($6.10) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero?

WTF do I do on this turn? Do I just fold to this stupid donk bet on the flop? No reads on villain.

Sounded Simple 11-08-2007 11:32 AM

Re: 25NL AK misses flop and gets mini donked

I like the flop play - as per Mike Kelleys Pooh Bah.
Another line is just to call, playing small ball. You may well be ahead or have 6 outs with position and odds.

Turn gets tricky, there is more in the pot than there is in his stack so its shove/fold time.
Folding seems nitty but he needs to have KJ, KT or some other crap a lot of the time here.
His line suggests something stronger like a set or KQ, playing slow on the dry flop then getting frisky when draws appear.

We do have one read... he is a NL25 mid-stacker, very few of these are decent.
That probably sucks me into a shove, in the heat of battle I cant fold situations like these even if maybe I should.

Sounded Simple 11-08-2007 11:33 AM

[censored] it, call me a nit but the more I think about it the more I think a fold on the turn is actually ok here.

CaptVimes 11-08-2007 11:35 AM

Depends on villain, if they do that mini donk crap I tend to do what you did when I'm in position. When they call I think your in trouble. That K hitting the turn either helped you a lot or is going to get you into a jam.

What did you think he had when he goes from a 25% of pot flop bet to a 80+% of pot bet on the turn?

Edit: looking at stack sizes, I think you should play small ball as was suggested above. I didn't notice villains half stack originally.

No1Addict 11-08-2007 11:46 AM

You've shown strength on the flop, he called and he's now bet 5/6 of the pot. I think top pair is no good.

I agree with Sounded that it's fold or shove and I go for folding.

CaptVimes, what's your line on the river if a blank comes off and he goes all in?

threads13 11-08-2007 11:49 AM

I don't like the flop raise that much if you don't plan on getting it AI on if you spike a pair on the turn. You are committing too many chips with not many outs. Sure, his flop bet is small and will tend to indicate a weak hand, but you don't have much behind to really scare him off of a hand. I think a call-bluff is a much better play than raising the flop.

As it is you can probably fold this turn.

CaptVimes 11-08-2007 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

CaptVimes, what's your line on the river if a blank comes off and he goes all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I edited my post. Didn't notice stack size first time around. No way you can call this.

RapidEvolution 11-08-2007 11:54 AM

He could have a set here, a PP, or something retarded like K4/K8. I think this is a fold, but I hate it.

WantToLearn 11-08-2007 11:57 AM

I had to learn the hard way that strong bets, even those coming from bad players, actualy mean strong hands most of the time. I smell KQ here.

In practice, oh well. In theory, I say fold it.