Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   your view on low 3 card flushes in stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540515)

ceegee 11-07-2007 01:11 PM

your view on low 3 card flushes in stud

How do you play low flushes like 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Starting hand?
Mid position? First to act? Last to act?
In a full ring game?
Short game/heads up?

Brad1970 11-07-2007 01:33 PM

Re: your view on low 3 card flushes in stud

That depends. Is this stud hi, hi/lo, or stud 8? How many of your outs are dead? Is there a raise already? Are you the bring in? How many are in the pot already?

ceegee 11-07-2007 03:44 PM

Stud Hi
2 hearts out 1 raise if you are MP, obviously no raise if you are first to act, not the bring in.

MRBAA 11-07-2007 03:45 PM

loose game, 1 or less of my suit dead, last to act in an unraised pot, I always play.

Tight game, 3 or more of my suit dead, first to act I never play.

In between the two, it's always a judgement call.

Brad1970 11-07-2007 04:07 PM

Yeah it is a judgement call & usually in stud hi with 2 of my suit gone, I'll limp but not real fond of calling a raise. In a game like stud where everybody loves their draws, I'm usually drawing to the second or third best hand with a 10 high flush.

Poker CPA 11-07-2007 04:20 PM

Want a judgement call??? FOLD

betgo 11-07-2007 04:25 PM

In stud hi, I really depends on the action, how the table is playing, the upcards, and how live your 3-flush is. How live is really important. Also, you generally want to see another card if you can play it 4-way. It also might be a hand to steal with in late position in a tight game, particularly with the T up or defend against an apparent stealer in an MTT, representing a pair.

In general, I would fold this hand, unless there was a good situation to play it or it was real live.

electrical 11-07-2007 05:27 PM

In stud it is really important to have more than one way to win the pot. Sometimes that's by making a different hand than you started drawing at (making a big pair or two from a starting three-straight or making a flush from your suited kicker), and sometimes it's by having a door/board that is intimidating enough to fold out an opponent.

Small, disconnected three-flushes can only be expected to win one way, by making a flush. In that case, you should suffer very little action on Third, and probably fold if there are a couple of your suit out, unless you are closing the action or can steal the antes. You should definitely not look play hands like this for a raise heads-up.

In any case, the ideal environment for hands like this is multi-way limped pots with all your cards live.

Poker CPA 11-08-2007 08:40 AM

"In general, I would fold this hand, unless there was a good situation to play it or it was real live."

Very nice. Its called having position and without it, u FOLD. It doesn't require a judgement, it requires common sense.