Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official Cleveland Indians Offseason Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540130)

ADLinden 11-06-2007 11:29 PM

***Official Cleveland Indians Offseason Thread***

On clevelandindians.com today there is a rumor about the Indians trying to shop for Jason Bay. I hope this somehow is true, this would greatly improve our team with a big bat in LF next year.

Link

kyleb 11-06-2007 11:34 PM

Re: ***Official Cleveland Indians Offseason Thread***

Why did Jason Bay suck this year?

I hope we are buying low here.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-06-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some thoughts

MikeyPatriot 11-06-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From Joe Sheehan's recent "Fact or Fluke" (based on PECOTA projections) blog:

"Jason Bay: It’s easy to say “injuries,” but man, 40 walks and 15 bombs is a huge drop. Nevertheless… Fluke."

kyleb 11-06-2007 11:41 PM

God I hope so. I think Jason Bay is great, but I remember Nate saying some bad stuff about him in Unfiltered.

ADLinden 11-07-2007 03:26 AM

said in the article possibly Crowe and Lofgren for Bay, meh i dunno, i really like crowe though

kyleb 11-07-2007 03:41 AM

Ugh. That sounds like a lot for a guy who might have serious problems.

EDIT: That being said, it's gotta be worth a shot. Neither Crowe nor Lofgren project to be high-impact players, rather they are just league-ready average players. Jason Bay could be the help we need in the middle of the lineup. God, an outfield of Bay/Sizemore/Gutierrez would be so nasty.

ADLinden 11-07-2007 03:46 AM

if hes over the injuries, i say go for it, i mean we got all that minor league talent, gonna have to trade some of it anyways

johnnylovescandy 11-07-2007 03:56 AM

That cash is better spent psychoanalyzing Sabathia's chronic big-game meltdowns.

kyleb 11-07-2007 04:48 AM

oh [censored] look at this:

The Pirates upper management has widely ignored OBP (on base percentage) in the past. How important will OBP be in player evaluation under your leadership?
– Eric S., Pennsboro, W.Va

We are going to utilize several objective measures of player performance to evaluate and develop players. We’ll rely on the more traditional objective evaluations: OPS (on base percentage plus slugging percentage) , WHIP (walks and hits per inning pitched), Runs Created, ERC (Component ERA), GB/FB (ground ball to fly ball ratio), K/9 (strikeouts per nine innings), K/BB (strikeouts to walks ratio), BB%, etc., but we’ll also look to rely on some of the more recent variations: VORP (value over replacement player), Relative Performance, EqAve (equivalent average), EqOBP (equivalent on base percentage), EqSLG (equivalent slugging percentage), BIP% (balls put into play percentage), wOBA (weighted on base average), Range Factor, PMR (probabilistic model of range) and Zone Rating.
–Neal Huntington, GM of the Pirates

[censored] [censored] goddamnit are you [censored] serious

god damnit the pirates have a real GM