Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Suicide is painless (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539972)

stigmata 11-06-2007 08:13 PM

Suicide is painless

MP/CO are tags, BTN is LP.

Fwiw, I pull this kind of crap far less often than my last couple of post indicate.

Party Poker, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $1,501.35
CO: $1,100
BTN: $939.66
Hero (SB): $985
BB: $5,435.50
UTG: $209.50

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $40</font>, CO calls $40, BTN calls $40, <font color="red">Hero raises to $220</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $180, BTN calls $180

Flop: ($710) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $765 and is All-In</font>

MYNAMEIZGREG 11-06-2007 08:19 PM

Re: Suicide is painless

This looks fine but I think something I also like doing is checking two streets and then shoving river cuz that's apparently how everyone plays AA/QQ/AQ here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

stigmata 11-06-2007 08:26 PM

Absoloutley. One of my main problems with this hand is that if i had flopped the nuts (or anything vaguely close to it) I would have slowplayed. Thus any half-decent hand-reader should be calling fairly light?

philipsaurus 11-06-2007 08:27 PM

id give up on the flop and turn... and i never give up in 3bet pots.

possibly shove river if they checkkkkkk alot.

gir 11-06-2007 08:29 PM

I'm calling this with JJ, but nothing less.

Edit: TT also. Because I might put you on TT, so if I have it, I'd assume you didn't.

iSTRONG 11-06-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Absoloutley. One of my main problems with this hand is that if i had flopped the nuts (or anything vaguely close to it) I would have slowplayed. Thus any half-decent hand-reader should be calling fairly light?

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make much sense. If you think pushing the flop with the nuts looks bluffy, why do you slowplay when you have it?

GHAND 11-06-2007 11:17 PM

wtf is this crap, sn plz

xorbie 11-06-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make much sense. If you think pushing the flop with the nuts looks bluffy, why do you slowplay when you have it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing the flop only looks bluffy for the same underlying reason that we slowplay when we have it... because there aren't a lot of hands here that call a bet, there's no need to bet big to protect because nobody can suck out on AK at this point, etc.

Pudge714 11-07-2007 12:19 AM

Nice MASH reference imo.

emil3000 11-07-2007 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing the flop only looks bluffy for the same underlying reason that we slowplay when we have it... because there aren't a lot of hands here that call a bet, there's no need to bet big to protect because nobody can suck out on AK at this point, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, when we actually have it, the opponent will have it even more rarely.