Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   QTo Small Blind.. Is this a fold or a desperate call (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539611)

rhayder 11-06-2007 10:38 AM

QTo Small Blind.. Is this a fold or a desperate call

What to do when you are raised on the river?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

River: (9 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero ??????

LateFlag 11-06-2007 10:47 AM

Re: QTo Small Blind.. Is this a fold or a desperate call

This is a super-easy river fold. You're good ~0% of the time.

The flop and turn are the interesting streets on this hand. I'm not leading this turn into three opponents.

Niediam 11-06-2007 11:46 AM

Preflop: good

Flop: This is actually only a ok flop for you (very draw heavy). I'd check and evaluate the action.

Turn: Terrible card. Mostly I'm going to just check/fold. If BB bets and both other guys call you can probably peel.

River: I wouldn't bet. You can probably make a crying call if somebody bets because of the size of the pot. As played fold to the raise.

TheEck 11-06-2007 12:17 PM

Flop action: We have top pair, decent kicker but we are first to act with a preflop raiser next in line. Like mentioned before there are straight and flush draws out there. I like the check and evaluate line ... if the preflop raiser c-bets and nobody else gets out of line we'll close the flop action.

As played your river bet and the villain raise bloats the pot to 12BB. I'd like a read on the opponent to help make this last decision, but our two pair doesn't beat much more than a bluff at this point.

Aaron W. 11-06-2007 01:17 PM

Why bet the flop?

tyler_cracker 11-06-2007 01:32 PM

don't donk the goddamn flop.

LukeSLTS 11-06-2007 03:12 PM

I prefer to check the flop here with the preflop aggressor to your immediate left.

On the turn I would check after I got the four calls on the flop.

Once you get to the river the best option is clearly checking. If you check and the action goes bet/call or bet/raise it is an easy lay down. If it goes bet/fold I think you can lay it down also. You check might get MP2 to bluff his busted flush draw so I would call if the action went check/bet. After you lead out I don't think calling the river raise is +EV. Once in a while you will run into someone with a ridiculously high river AF and then you need to make this call but the vast majority of the time this is an easy laydown.

KitCloudkicker 11-06-2007 03:17 PM

op, i challenge you to name one reasonable hand you beat on the river after the raise.

bellatrix 11-06-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
op, i challenge you to name one reasonable hand you beat on the river after the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not OP, so in white [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
<font color="white"> 89s </font>
Uh, that's about it...

neurotiq 11-06-2007 03:31 PM

I don't think I'd donk into the PFR on the flop...