Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Pushing ATC UTG <4 BB's (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539258)

Niggel 11-05-2007 09:40 PM

Pushing ATC UTG <4 BB\'s

A very common scenario I am having trouble with looks something like this:
Blinds 300/600
Hero 2300
Button 5900
SB 5900
BB 5900
Hero is CO with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Is there anybody who would not make this extremly -$EV Push? I am interessted if you rather fold and let the blinds hit you and take a gamble where you don't have FE but a better chance for winning because of a better hand.

I am thinking that <font color="red">keeping FE is the most important job</font> while playing a SNG.

How short do you have to be to push UTG with ATC? I guess for me it is 4 BB. That means that whenever you are UTG and have &lt;4 BB's it's an autopush?!?!?

Obviously there are exceptions: When somebody is shorter than you on the bubble or nearly everybody is as short as you!

I would love to hear your opinions.

vers 11-05-2007 09:43 PM

Re: Pushing ATC UTG <4 BB\'s

ATC here is standard. I ran this a situation exactly like this in sngpt earlier today. 4 BB rule when shorty is pretty accurate I think.

sixfour 11-05-2007 09:44 PM

This is a very open-ended question - here I'm shoving ATC because the opposition stacks are so even and the blinds will pwn our FE, but it's getting close to the highest stack size I would do. I might go up to 4.5. If there's someone with a similar or shorter stack it's an entirely different question and I'd probably muck by default.

Niggel 11-05-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ran this a situation exactly like this in sngpt earlier today.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes...
What where your results. I am not too sure if I get what you want to tell me with this answer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Would be great if you could explain what you meant.

I ran this in SNGWiz, but even when you turn on the "Simulate Future Games" option it is still not recommending pushing ATC. I know that you sometimes need to make -EV pushed but I thought the SimulateFut.Games option would be helpful for exactly these kind of problems.

vers 11-05-2007 10:00 PM

sngpt said against slightly loose call ranges, pushing ATC when 4 BB or less UTG is +ev on bbl. I ran pretty much an identical situation using stars structure w/ antes. I think taking a slightly -ev shove is better than having a worse situation occur where you have like 1/3rd or 1/4th of your stack in the BB and have to call light anyways. So taking a -ev shove w/ FE to avoid further -ev calls/shoves w/ no FE is better.

Q.. 11-05-2007 10:13 PM

Hmm in this particular case i think calling ATC allin next hand would be more ev..

I dont think bb folds much - he needs to pay 1700 to win 3200 pot and get to the money, he knows ur very wide etc.

Insty 11-05-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm in this particular case i think calling ATC allin next hand would be more ev..

[/ QUOTE ]

This cannot be correct. You have zero FE when calling.

vers 11-05-2007 10:52 PM

that's what I figure too.

Niggel 11-05-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sngpt said against slightly loose call ranges, pushing ATC when 4 BB or less UTG is +ev on bbl.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is really interessting. I am sorry that I need to bother you again, but are SNGWiz and SNGPT any different? If not, why are you getting a +EV result and I am not? I mean they are based on the same mathematical basics (ICM)! Any explanation?

vers 11-05-2007 11:20 PM

I don't know why the discrepancy occurs, might have to do with the simulate future thingy.