Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dr Ron Paul (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539180)

Mr_Moore 11-05-2007 07:46 PM

Dr Ron Paul

If he would be close to win or even end up winning, would he live long enough to actually do anything?
Too many powerful people would lose a lot with him as a president. Now we can't have that can we?
Am i crazy or are you naive?

wtfsvi 11-05-2007 07:50 PM

Re: Dr Ron Paul

I don't think you are crazy. I at least think it would be very dangerous for Ron Paul to get close to winning. It's a brave and wonderful thing that he's willing to take that risk, though.

Mr_Moore 11-05-2007 08:01 PM

Also what could the outcome of such an act be?
What would it mean to people and how would they react to go from a person who offers personal freedom, less government and an end to an aggressive international foreign policy to one who starts feeding the countries minds again with information about the constant threat of terrorism, terror, threats.
We almost made it out of the tunnel but got dragged right back, now what?

XXXNoahXXX 11-05-2007 08:01 PM

ugh. make it stop.

TomCollins 11-05-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he would be close to win or even end up winning, would he live long enough to actually do anything?
Too many powerful people would lose a lot with him as a president. Now we can't have that can we?
Am i crazy or are you naive?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's only 72 right now. He doesn't have any obvious health risks (not overweight, don't think he smokes). His life expectancy is probably at least 10 more years, if not more. Are you saying he would be assassinated? If so, think about how much of a martyr assassinated presidents become- Kennedy , Lincoln especially. The dumbest thing someone could do to stop Ron Paul is to kill him, it would only make his ideas gain more supporters.

pr0crast 11-05-2007 08:32 PM

Oh cmon now people. Will Gary Kasparov be assassinated running in the Russian election? Very possibly. But Ron Paul? Not a chance.

wtfsvi 11-05-2007 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's only 72 right now. He doesn't have any obvious health risks (not overweight, don't think he smokes). His life expectancy is probably at least 10 more years, if not more. Are you saying he would be assassinated? If so, think about how much of a martyr assassinated presidents become- Kennedy , Lincoln especially. The dumbest thing someone could do to stop Ron Paul is to kill him, it would only make his ideas gain more supporters.

[/ QUOTE ] In the current climate he seems like a pretty lonely voice. You might be correct that it would be stupid to kill him, but I don't think it's that obvious.

bobman0330 11-05-2007 08:42 PM

If spy novels have taught me anything, it's that this is a dead certainty to happen. The only way it can possibly be averted is by a youngish, slightly nerdy guy in the intelligence or defense communities, with the help of a hot woman, normally way out of his league, but who is intrigued by his performance in the crisis.

bdk3clash 11-05-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If spy novels have taught me anything, it's that this is a dead certainty to happen. The only way it can possibly be averted is by a youngish, slightly nerdy guy in the intelligence or defense communities, with the help of a hot woman, normally way out of his league, but who is intrigued by his performance in the crisis.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, when it gets made into a movie, someone will definitely call someone on the phone and explain, "We have a situation." And there will definitely be a scene where he all of a sudden gets "locked out" of his computer system and/or office.

bunny 11-05-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]