Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Spewtastic? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539158)

markuisis 11-05-2007 07:29 PM

Spewtastic?

Villain is an unknown fish

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $166.95
BB: $50.15
UTG: $128
MP: $48.65
Hero (CO): $100
BTN: $120.40

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, MP calls $1, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $4, 2 folds

Flop: ($11) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $11</font>, Hero calls $11

Turn: ($33) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $33</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $84.50 and is All-In</font>

My thoughts were that he wouldnt donk pot with a set very often at all, would probably not donk pot the king turn with a queen, but would def play a flush draw or straight draw this way. Is this just plain spew?

ofishstix 11-05-2007 07:30 PM

Re: Spewtastic?

i think you should be more worried about KQ and AQ as they are def in his range and are typically not b/f'ing.

that said, i really dont mind this at all. how do you know hes a fish though?

markuisis 11-05-2007 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you should be more worried about KQ and AQ as they are def in his range and are typically not b/f'ing.

that said, i really dont mind this at all. how do you know hes a fish though?

[/ QUOTE ]

his pf stats (35/10), i considered kq, but thought he prob wouldnt full pot a turn like that with top two very often, and i thought that any queen (including aq) would prob slow down a bit on turn instead of full potting it.

skates 11-05-2007 07:34 PM

Raise flop, fold to shove, imo.

ofishstix 11-05-2007 07:35 PM

raising flop and folding to a shove is soooooo gross. youre hoping to get called by
1) worse Q which should never happen
2) a draw, but typically draws would push
raising/folding the flop turns your hand into a bluff whereas on the turn youre at least trying for some thin value.

nazahl 11-05-2007 07:36 PM

I'd much rather fold the turn than raise it. psbs on the turn are rarely bluffs ime

markuisis 11-05-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd much rather fold the turn than raise it. psbs on the turn are rarely bluffs ime

[/ QUOTE ]

u dont think flush draws and straight draws do this? just curious

sh58 11-05-2007 07:37 PM

i don't understand why you raise the turn. if you think you are ahead, why not call, and call a river shove or w/e

markuisis 11-05-2007 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand why you raise the turn. if you think you are ahead, why not call, and call a river shove or w/e

[/ QUOTE ]

cause i thought he was drawing and wanted to get the money in now, calling and calling a blank river isnt bad either.

nazahl 11-05-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

u dont think flush draws and straight draws do this? just curious

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, sure maybe 1 guy out of 100 will pot/pot w/ a draw but that's just not how the majority of opponents are playing it at 100nl. all you've got for a read is "unknown fish" and w/ that I think you have to assume that he plays draws how most fish play them at this level - checking and calling, or check/call then lead turn for like 1/2 pot, or lead weak on both streets hoping to freeze you up... not just potting away the flop and turn.