Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Value bet OTR NL CASH and thoughts about Ongame (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538750)

PureDiesel 11-05-2007 05:27 AM

Value bet OTR NL CASH and thoughts about Ongame

1)I'm trying out the Ongame. First, i was totally confused by the software, it has soooo many annoyances and bugs, also by the players over there, and the way i was losing flopped set to higher flopped set(turned into full house ott) etc... but today I've managed to overcome annoyances and adjusted to the players' tendencies:they almost never raise OTB, they don't bet flop, turn. All they do is limp,check,check, huge all-in/overbet otr. So I started trapping and almost completely removed bluffs from my arsenal, since they are calling any bet otr with T-high!!! on the most dangerous boards. I find these players more profitable then greengos , lol.
2)I always wonder what amount to bet on the river. For example, villain is total cs, chaser. Should I bet all-in or 25$ OTR, or 20$ bet maximizes total gain/acomplishes better proportion of calls(which one?):
Texas Hold'em $0.50-$1 NL (real money),
Table bowwowpow's HE, 5 Nov 2007 9:11 AM ET

Seat 3: evvalina1 ($37.30 in chips)
Seat 8: bowwowpow [ K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ] ($87.15 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
evvalina1 posts blind ($0.25), bowwowpow posts blind ($0.50).

PRE-FLOP
evvalina1 calls $0.25, bowwowpow bets $1.50, evvalina1 calls $1.50.

FLOP [board cards 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
bowwowpow bets $3, evvalina1 calls $3.

TURN [board cards 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
bowwowpow bets $8, evvalina1 calls $8.

RIVER [board cards 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
bowwowpow bets $20, evvalina1(HAS $24.30 left) calls $20.

SHOWDOWN
bowwowpow shows [ K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
evvalina1 mucks cards
bowwowpow wins $65
SUMMARY
Dealer: evvalina1
Pot: $66, (including rake: $1)
evvalina1 loses $33
bowwowpow bets $33, collects $65, net $32

I don't know why it shows NL 0.5/1 , it's NL50 for real. It's Ongame. And what cards did opponent have???
Stupid Ongame!!!!!! How to import mucked cards into PT after we've finished the game???
Thanks.

TNixon 11-05-2007 05:56 AM

Re: Value bet OTR NL CASH and thoughts about Ongame

I've always felt like putting somebody just-short-of-all-in is more likely to get called. I think there's a psychological factor that comes into play when somebody realizes they have to call *all* their chips.

I don't know if there's any truth to it or not, though.

Of course then we have to double-think a little against a thinking villain. If he thinks you think the smaller bet is more likely to be called, he might be more likely to fold, because it looks like you want a call.

So the obvious answer, of course, is to build up an immunity, and poison both glasses.

Or something like that.

Isn't poker fun? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PureDiesel 11-05-2007 08:39 AM

Re: Value bet OTR NL CASH and thoughts about Ongame

The reason I haven't put him all-in despite his calling station mood is because I intuitively thought that this bet screams less of a hand that wants a call. Of course, opposite is true for thinking player, but not for this one. So I wanted to know which is the best amount that works in this scenario vs this bluffing/calling station type of a player with high ego.