Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   hand vs. scubachuck (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537299)

nazahl 11-02-2007 11:55 PM

hand vs. scubachuck

scubas 2+2er for those who didn't know. feel like I boofed this one but not sure where or why.

notice

1) we're deep
2) I suck playing deep
3) I've been playing nitty lately due to running insane bad

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $213.35
BB: $109
UTG: $41.70
MP: $68.50
Hero (CO): $207.65
BTN: $98.50

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, MP calls $1, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $15</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $10.50

Flop: ($32) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $22</font>, Hero calls $22

Turn: ($76) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $60</font>, Hero ...?

orange 11-03-2007 02:39 AM

Re: hand vs. scubachuck

PF fine given stacks. I would probably fold the turn unless I knew he was capable of doing this as a bluff (most players are too pussy at these stakes).

Scuba Chuck 11-03-2007 04:26 PM

Tricky spot. Nevermind my hand for a moment, in general, when I'm in this spot with AK or AA, I prolly check the flop 90-100% of the time. That hit me or I completely whiffed. If you think about my potential 3bet calling range, I think you can feel confident that AK is beat here 85-100% of the time when I/someone leads turn. I think AA is the worst hand I'd call here with on the turn, which you don't have.

atmstuck 11-03-2007 04:37 PM

I think it's an easy fold. on turn. Does anyone like a flop raise? (To define your hand obv, you still beat a few hands in a LAG's 3 bet range. I don't know Mr.Scuba's stats so I can't really comment much) Fold to a raise or give up on later streets (Also you could get a free card on turn if it was checked to). I personally think J is a bad card for you . If the villain has a tight 3 bet range then J is a blank for sure. I don't know how light can a 3 bet be here when it's CO vs SB in a rr pot. On turn, you don't beat anything

nazahl 11-03-2007 06:06 PM

yea posted this last night and have been out all day.

its probably not that interesting b/c I folded the turn. scubas post summed up my thoughts pretty well.

I also considered that if I was in scubas position, the worst hand I'd be betting on the turn for value would be AK and I couldnt see him firing at a board this ugly in a 3bet pot w/ air.

should have mentioned it in the op, but he paused for a few seconds on the turn before betting, not time bank or anything but it was definitely noticeable and seemed like it was generally a tough decision.

Scuba Chuck 11-03-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea posted this last night and have been out all day.

its probably not that interesting b/c I folded the turn. scubas post summed up my thoughts pretty well.

I also considered that if I was in scubas position, the worst hand I'd be betting on the turn for value would be AK and I couldnt see him firing at a board this ugly in a 3bet pot w/ air.

should have mentioned it in the op, but he paused for a few seconds on the turn before betting, not time bank or anything but it was definitely noticeable and seemed like it was generally a tough decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just trying to figure out betsizing. You shouldn't read into a multi-tablers time used in this kind of spot.

atmstuck 11-04-2007 08:41 AM

I am just wondering, were you ahead on the flop? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

nazahl 11-04-2007 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am just wondering, were you ahead on the flop? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ask chuck. i doubt it though

tony_montana 11-04-2007 09:30 AM

I don't think there is a lot else to be said about the hand, I think you played it fine.

One thing I will say is if your game has changed because of running bad then move down a level or two until you feel your optimum game is back!

Melchiades 11-04-2007 09:56 AM

Easy fold.