Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I feel like [censored] about poker right now (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536627)

BarryLyndon 11-02-2007 12:28 AM

I feel like [censored] about poker right now

I'm really upset about poker right now. I won $680 in a tourney to get close to a 4K roll. I'm a PT player who has been doing well in small stakes as I learn. Tonight, though, in 3 hours, I hit a $230 cooler losing all four SNGs getting my $$ ahead in each one, then went heads up and ran into just terrible luck.

I know I'm supposed to like these donks, but for some reason, I'm burnt. I am just so depressed about poker right now for some reason. I guess I'm just tired of the grind. I win $680, and then boom, -$230 in 3 hours of [censored] donkey hits in SNGs and then idiotic [censored] heads up.

I also...I don't know. I'm tired and I'm just really upset about poker right now. Is it time to take a break? How long? I've been waiting for a big score for a while, winning nice three figure wins, but no big ones. I just won $680 and I [censored] lost a third of it in 3 hours.

Barry

_Towelie_ 11-02-2007 01:18 AM

Re: I feel like [censored] about poker right now

LOL @ 4sngs. Try being outdrawn like 80% of the time while 12-tabling continuously - actually don't, you'd probly kill yourself.

Take a good break, come back, profit.

HokieGreg 11-02-2007 01:39 AM

come on back to the HU forum barry

BarryLyndon 11-02-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
come on back to the HU forum barry

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to spend more time there. SSMTT is really slacking these days.

Upon rereading this, I hope this didn't come off as BS. I'm ahead this week and I should be happy, right? But, I'm not. I want to get into this a little more:

Basically, every decision I make now, I'm very hard on myself. If I feel I didn't get the most value out of a hand or if I made a bad play, it irks me. I stay in the game and play fine (for the most part), but when I don't pwn, I feel like I'm wasting time.

I wonder how long of a break I should take? I've been on a good rate for the past few weeks, so I really don't want to stop my routine 10 - 15 hrs per week. At the same time, poker is starting to take an on entirely new meaning for me. It's starting to become all about profit and decisions to make it than anything else. When I'm pwning, it's fun and feels good. When I'm not, it feels blah.

But I still love the game - I love making decisions.

So, what do you think? What kind of break should I be looking at here.

Barry

_Towelie_ 11-02-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, what do you think? What kind of break should I be looking at here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Defining this now is a bad idea, just take a break. When you're ready to play again you'll know.

Al_Money 11-02-2007 11:49 AM

Barry,

Play NL cash.

11-02-2007 01:20 PM

lol, Barry don`t even think about playing NL cash. You`ll hang yourselve. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Just take 2 days of and forget about it.

Kurn, son of Mogh 11-02-2007 02:50 PM

No offense, but if going 0/4 ITM in SNGs messes with your head, don't play SNGs. That's not even remotely close to a bad streak for a winning SNG player.

pshady 11-02-2007 05:04 PM

It could be non-poker related that you're feeling depressed maybe something deeper. Go take a week off and figure it out until you can get your head cleared.

choccypie 11-03-2007 08:08 AM

Look at this another way, you have a net profit of $450

There are times when you're going to get sucked out on, you'll just have to deal with it. You'll suckout on other players too, so it will even out in the end [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]