Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Overcards and open ended straight draw off the flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536493)

uwat1987 11-01-2007 09:12 PM

Overcards and open ended straight draw off the flop

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (7 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

I think my aggression on the flop is ok, but what about the river? Is it too much of a spew? Literally just joined table and have no reads at all.

Fadook 11-01-2007 09:26 PM

Re: Overcards and open ended straight draw off the flop

Why did you raise the flop? With two broadway cards, SB has probably hit.
As played, I just call CO's 3-bet. As you're readless it's hard to say what he has, but 3-betting here with just a K would be pretty dumb.

bellatrix 11-01-2007 09:27 PM

Try not to post UTG+3, is it that hard to wait 3 hands?
I don't see the open ender on the flop, but raise is ok, with gutshot, BDFD and 2 overs.
Second raise on river might be spew.

KyndGroove 11-01-2007 09:28 PM

I can't see much CO would 3bet with other than the flush so why cap the river?

Xylocain 11-02-2007 12:29 AM

Flop raise is expert, capping the river is spew.

uwat1987 11-02-2007 01:39 AM

Yeah my bad... this is definitely NOT an open ended straight draw.

Harv72b 11-02-2007 03:56 AM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the flop raise. And I think the river cap is a lot closer than others have indicated...at these stakes, I can definitely see an unknown 3betting with just the K (or playing the board, even) often enough to maybe eke some value out of it. Maybe...nah, just call the 3bet w/o a read.

Mitke 11-02-2007 05:29 AM

* grunch *

(It is just a gutshot.)

I like the flop raise to potentially shutout CO and get a free card and maybe clear some outs.

Turn is close. You are only drawing to the gutshot anymore. With that board and two preflop cold-callers TPTK rarely wins in showdown. Tight fold could be in order, especially when you move up in limits.

River:
A raise I can understand but I probably go for an overcall and fold if it comes two back, maybe even if it's a raise and overcall back to me (probably not with the big pot though).

Cap is excessive when CO is willing to 3-bet when the flush arrives.