Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   hand from stox video (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536126)

surfdoc 11-01-2007 01:19 PM

hand from stox video

I think this hand may be intersting. I didn't agree with the way it was played. In the video, stox didn't really discuss his plan on the turn iirc. The video is made on 2 tables of 10/20 on UB. UTG is an aggro lagtag type and the button is somewhat loose passive. I don't recall their exact stats but I don't think it matters and I don't want to try and find it. I think it is better to discuss it this way even if a few of the details are off. The question arises on the turn.

UTG raises, button 3 bets, stox caps QQ from the BB, call, call. (3 to the flop)

Flop 227r

bet, call, call

Turn K completing the rainbow

stox should do what for the rest of the hand?

HOWMANY 11-01-2007 01:24 PM

Re: hand from stox video

keep betting unless the button raises and fold if the button raises

surfdoc 11-01-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
keep betting unless the button raises and fold if the button raises

[/ QUOTE ]

what is your plan if UTG raises?

geormiet 11-01-2007 01:42 PM

probably check here, better hands not folding, worse hands easily folding, free cards aren't a threat, ub 10/20 games are pretty fishy you could probably pick up some good bluff money here.

surfdoc 11-01-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
probably check here, better hands not folding, worse hands easily folding, free cards aren't a threat, ub 10/20 games are pretty fishy you could probably pick up some good bluff money here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate. Are you calling both streets? Are you going to overcall the turn if it goes check, bet, call?

geormiet 11-01-2007 01:47 PM

Well there are lots of scenarios that could play out.

To address one possible outcome if it goes check bet call then i'd probably call turn planning to fold river if its the same action.

Heavier action than that, I fold turn, less action than that, I see showdown.

gehrig 11-01-2007 02:01 PM

checking seems like the play but i prob just autobet at the table

once they dont raise the flop they have lots of kings in their hand

its also nice when u check and it goes bet raise and u get away for free

gehrig 11-01-2007 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont play these games but id be pretty surprised if an unknown is folding 99 more than like 20% of the time

also giving a free card to AJ costs u like .5BB

geormiet 11-01-2007 02:11 PM

what about getting AJ to bet when you check rather than him folding when you bet? That offsets the free card quite a bit.

Victor 11-01-2007 02:13 PM

must bet here. given the descriptions call down if utg raises.

def fold if utg calls and button raises.

proly fold if utg folds and button raises but plenty of reasons and opponents make calling ok too.