Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   what is he doing this with? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535960)

Orsman 11-01-2007 06:47 AM

what is he doing this with?

Villain is 24/14, he should view me as TAG, haven't done anything special. How to play flop and turn?

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $215.55
SB: $285.15
BB: $348.05
Hero (UTG): $199

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $5

Flop: ($15) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $31</font>, Hero calls $19

Turn: ($77) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $41</font>, Hero calls $41

River: ($159) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $122</font>, Hero folds

UmbertoEco 11-01-2007 07:56 AM

Re: what is he doing this with?

I d say it seems like a set to me. Can this be a FD with the Ah? Flop cbet is standard. I d call the flop raise but why do you call the turn? I think you should fold here. What do you expect him to do on the river? He showed strength and he 's probably not slowing down. And you can't call. So, I d fold on the turn.

djh860 11-01-2007 08:09 AM

When you play AJ you have to make a decision pretty fast if you like your kicker or not. The small turn bet would set off bells for me. Is he worried the Q or did it hit him? I think I might try to take the pot there. Your call should be seen as weak so his river bet is to be expected. If he is 24/14 he might be raising with AQ deff raising AK. So we might think he has Ajunk flush draw or just Ajunk or a naked flush draw also poss Junk A that hit 2 pair on flop and got worried that you turned a better 2 pair. I think all of these situation argue for you making a move on him on the turn.

BombayBadboy 11-01-2007 08:18 AM

I fold flop.

Shizzle12345 11-01-2007 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats sooo weak. Tags and lags cbet alot, so pple play back at you. Especially with flush draw and position i snap call this.

BombayBadboy 11-01-2007 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats sooo weak. Tags and lags cbet alot, so pple play back at you. Especially with flush draw and position i snap call this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is 24/14. Too loose pre and most of the time not very aggro post. In a vacuum this is a fold. His range is AT+,sets and an occasional FD.

EvanJC 11-01-2007 08:29 AM

Er, no. If villian has any hands with hero and knows he's a tag his range is much bigger

Suigin406 11-01-2007 08:29 AM

fwiw, i fold the flop too coz i'm weak, but it is exploitable if u do it too often...fold turn though unless u have a real good read imo

DaycareInferno 11-01-2007 08:42 AM

i dump it on the flop also. with an AJ, i think you're at a big disadvantage vs. his range once you get c/red. he could have you whipped already, or he could be semi bluffing. if he's semi bluffing, a really large portion of the deck can rep him hitting, especially with the A being the club. even if you're ahead, you're gonna end up dumping the best hand quite a bit after putting in more chips.