Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Legislation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   How do you feel about the PPA? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535402)

TheEngineer 10-31-2007 02:22 PM

How do you feel about the PPA?

TheEngineer 10-31-2007 02:24 PM

Re: How do you feel about the PPA?

Now that PPA has completed the fly-in and other events, I think it's time for an updated poll. Thanks.

Skallagrim 10-31-2007 03:22 PM

Right now, thanks in large part to the work of TE and Pappas, the PPA looks to be making major advances, hopefully with more to come. I voted positive.

Skallagrim

JPFisher55 10-31-2007 03:31 PM

I voted somewhat positive. I think that the PPA is a good political organization. But the best industry organizations like the NRA will use, and assist in, litigation, if necessary, to defend the rights of their members. When the PPA shows that aspect then I will vote a full positive.

MayorHerb 10-31-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted full positive. I think that the PPA is a good political organization. But the best organizations like the ACLU will use, and assist in, litigation, if necessary, to defend the rights of their members. When the PPA shows that aspect then I will vote twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

PPABryan 10-31-2007 04:47 PM

Here is how one PPA member is using litigation to help us in Washington State. Lee has been inspired to act on his own, and we will continue to support him.
Lee Rousso's Story on the PPA Website

Bryan Spadaro
Membership Relations, Manager
Poker Players Alliance

oldbookguy 10-31-2007 04:59 PM

I voted +++ as well, a big improvement i have seen over the last several months.

Very good job all.

obg

JPFisher55 10-31-2007 05:50 PM

So how about the PPA assisting Mr. Rousso with some financial assistance for expenses if his case proceeds to the appellate level? It would be nice, but not affect me, if the State of Washington's ban on online gambling is ruled to violate the constitution. Then, the folks in MA would not have to worry about the recently proposed legislation.

whangarei 10-31-2007 05:58 PM

I had a dream last night that some bearded dude was walking along the streets of some big city neighborhood preaching something. I listened and heard he was talking about the PPA fighting for our rights. I looked up and saw that on about half of the balconies people were listening to him and applauding.

IndyFish 10-31-2007 09:11 PM

Voted positive. The addition of TE and Mr. Pappas are huge, IMO. The Fly-in went very well by all accounts. PPABryan has joined the 2p2 forums to keep us up to date on what is going on at the PPA. I'm happy with the improvements. Keep it up!