Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   52s in SB - Ugly (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534038)

Scarmiglio 10-29-2007 05:39 PM

52s in SB - Ugly

I think I botched this hand pretty badly. Maybe my vacation made me a little passive.

Hero has 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB at a typical lp table. 5 callers, Hero completes, BB checks.

7 to the flop (7sb) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Checked to MP who Bets, 2 callers, Hero peels, UTG calls.

5 to the turn (6bb) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Checked to MP who bets, 1 caller, Hero chickens out and calls, UTG calls.

4 to river (10bb) blank - Checked around

I think somewhere in my brain I was thinking that bottom 2 pair on a draw heavy board is very likely to get drawn out on, so I didn't want to invest 2 bets on the turn, but that is weak thinking. I think that as played not donking the river is terrible. Thoughts?

Aces McGee 10-29-2007 05:45 PM

Re: 52s in SB - Ugly

You can't peel this flop properly if you're not going to make more than this when you spike on the turn.

-McGee

Lethe 10-29-2007 05:46 PM

Well, raise the turn. But you already know that. And yeah as played absolutely bet the river. What was the question again?

Grease 10-29-2007 06:43 PM

C/R the turn. Fire the river. I don't mind the flop peel, FWIW.

Firing the turn is ok too, if the original bettor can't be expected to bet again.

TheCount212 10-29-2007 06:46 PM

Please raise the turn and bet the river. This is the second- or third-best result you could have hoped for PF. But then you knew that..

Scarmiglio 10-29-2007 07:12 PM

No real question, just a reality check. Thanks.

neurotiq 10-30-2007 01:31 AM

I'd raise this turn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

James. 10-30-2007 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't peel this flop properly if you're not going to make more than this when you spike on the turn.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

getting 11-1 on his call, i disagree.

but that doesn't mean he made as much as he should have...

Aces McGee 10-30-2007 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

getting 11-1 on his call, i disagree.

but that doesn't mean he made as much as he should have...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nit. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You may be right. Don't forget, however, to count the times that he hits and is still behind to a flopped set/two pair; the times he hits and his "out" gives someone a better hand; and the times he hits and gets chased down on the river.

-McGee

Dagger78 10-30-2007 04:41 PM

Fold the flop, as played CR the turn and bet river.