Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Paging Sethypooh and other callboxes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533784)

BrassMonkey 10-29-2007 10:36 AM

Paging Sethypooh and other callboxes

SB is 40/19/1.48 over 80 hands. Open limper is a bad 37/7/.86. Flop donk could be a lot of things. Turn card presents an opportunity, but do we take it? Call the blank river?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

acehole60 10-29-2007 10:59 AM

Re: Paging Sethypooh and other callboxes

I'd rather not isolate with 98s. Especially with loose blinds. I'd either overlimp or fold. With bad opposition I just call.

As played: If he really is donking a very wide range I call down and take a note. I don't mind folding the river, though.

Burnsabre 10-29-2007 11:18 AM

Overlimp, heads up with 9 high sucks. I really don't like my hand here when he leads the turn on the ace. If I don't fold turn I'll fold river.

Tryptamean 10-29-2007 11:48 AM

Rather not iso-raise without showdown value, but if UTG is not the showdown -bound type, its probably ok.

Either way, flop peel is totally standard to see the turn card/action before making a showdown decision.

The ace does not complete many draws, but its not a good sign that he;s still bettng. He could have had the nut flush draw or just a random ace high isnt out of the question. Now that UTG folds, you can definitely see the river card.

3c is obv a good card as both straight and flush draws have missed. I would go ahead and payoff. It probably thin, but I think it will show a profit in the long run.

If had overlimped preflop, I'd probably still take the same line if the action is the same.

Oink 10-29-2007 11:50 AM

Overlimping is fine if there isnt any LAG tards behind you who will raise a lot.

Brass. If you call that turn you call that river. Nothing has changed and he 3-barrels his bluffs. If you dont think he semibluffs the flop into 4 you should just muck teh turn

yourface 10-29-2007 11:50 AM

straight and flush draws missed, I call

also I'd expect the ace to freeze him up often if he has one pair

acehole60 10-29-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
straight and flush draws missed, I call

also I'd expect the ace to freeze him up often if he has one pair

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

[ QUOTE ]
Overlimping is fine if there isnt any LAG tards behind you who will raise a lot.

Brass. If you call that turn you call that river. Nothing has changed and he 3-barrels his bluffs. If you dont think he semibluffs the flop into 4 you should just muck teh turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't ok to be calling the turn and believing him on the river? I don't know how much he 3-barrells on a board like this.

Without a read I payoff and take a note. If he isn't one to 3-barrell bluff I have no problem in folding the river.

Absolution 10-29-2007 01:24 PM

This is where Oink is going to tell you how him betting with the A on board is a good think because it makes it more likely he has a draw.

Oink 10-29-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't ok to be calling the turn and believing him on the river? I don't know how much he 3-barrells on a board like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something I would do against a 25/18 straightforward ABC kind of guy. Not against a 40/10 type or unknown or whatever villain is

sethypooh21 10-29-2007 02:37 PM

PF is thin, but other than that, NH.