Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL 50, JJ on river... am i being robed or should i just throw it away? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533312)

Brimstead 10-28-2007 06:15 PM

NL 50, JJ on river... am i being robed or should i just throw it away?

no reads whatsoever on the villain. I'm just not sure what's going on here... worth calling or shall i just chuck it and hope for a better spot?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $45.70
UTG: $54.85
UTG+1: $39.25
UTG+2: $24.90
MP1: $29.50
MP2: $10
CO: $43.35
Hero (BTN): $51.20
SB: $88.25

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
3 folds, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, MP1 calls $3

Turn: ($10.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP1 checks, Hero checks

River: ($10.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP1 bets $10</font>, Hero????</font>

WantToLearn 10-28-2007 06:49 PM

Re: NL 50, JJ on river... am i being robed or should i just throw it away?

Taking rake into account, you need to be good ~35% of the time to make that call.

I can not think of many hands that you beat while he thinks they are legit hands to bet with (AT or so?).

Sometimes this is AK but I donīt think he is bluffing often enough.

Strange line anyway.

ranka 10-28-2007 06:55 PM

Re: NL 50, JJ on river... am i being robed or should i just throw it a

I would play this hand totally different. I would 3bet the flop and fold to 4bet. If villain call then just bet/fold the flop.

Chargers In 07 10-28-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would play this hand totally different. I would 3bet the flop and fold to 4bet. If villain call then just bet/fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]If you mean 3 bet preflop which I think you did then why are you 3 bet/folding? I would much rather do this with a random hand than JJ. Then you're going to turn JJ into a bluff on the flop by bet/folding, again any 2 cards can do that. Turning JJ into a bluff is very poor.

With no read I'm just going to call preflop. As played I'm betting flop as you did. I'm bet/folding the turn and probably checking the river against an unknown. As played I call.

ranka 10-28-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]If you mean 3 bet preflop which I think you did then why are you 3 bet/folding? I would much rather do this with a random hand than JJ. Then you're going to turn JJ into a bluff on the flop by bet/folding, again any 2 cards can do that. Turning JJ into a bluff is very poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grr.... I think you are right and I think its a leak of mine - I hate to play pair of jacks in position vs one villain for set value.

Effen 10-28-2007 07:32 PM

Looks like he missed a turn c/r and is trying to make up for lost value.

Das Budrick 10-28-2007 07:50 PM

3 bet preflop

call river

Johnes Benjamin 10-28-2007 07:55 PM

I would 3bet this preflop.
as played it is pretty strange but with an overpair I think you are good here enough of the time to call.
it is certainly a marginal call though. this is a spot where reads would help a lot, since neither hand is well defined.

Brimstead 10-28-2007 08:15 PM

im 50/50 with 3betting JJ PF. I don't think its a hand that needs to be 3bet every time, its perfectly reasonable to call IP and see what happens.

Its the check/call on the flop that confused me. Its hard to think of hands i beat by the river, but the way he played the flop made me consider the possibility he was chasing with AK/AQ, or had flopped 5s full

disco_stu1978 10-28-2007 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like he missed a turn c/r and is trying to make up for lost value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, there are very few hands I put a readless player on here, that I beat. I would need a read to call here.