Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   10/20 NL on Bodog (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533070)

nopepper 10-28-2007 10:04 AM

10/20 NL on Bodog

Hand came up yesterday than had me a bit confused, just looking for some feedback on how you approach this river.

9 handed, this is my 6th or 7th hand at the table, no reads on villian.

Im Dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and there are 2 limpers in front of me, im in the cutoff and limp also. Sb compelets, BB checks (villian). Im at $2000 he has me slighlty covered.

Flop is

4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

sb check, BB fires for $80 all fold to me I call, sb folds.

River A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet $400, he calls.

River 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks...

Whats your play here?

Jason Strasser (strassa2) 10-29-2007 01:28 AM

Re: 10/20 NL on Bodog

bet

delegator 10-29-2007 03:03 AM

I asume he is fastplaying a four on flop, and does not like the turn, so he check calls on turn to try to spike a full house on river, he now treats his hand as a draw or a bluffcatcher and hoping it will go check check on river. Since trips obv has some kind of showdownvalue.
Something that leads me towards thinking he has at least a four is that u overbet the pot on turn and he calls out of position. If i where in this spot i would bet like 7-800 on river for value,but not be very surprised if he shoves allinn with 4 9 offsuit or maybe calls with king four with king of hearts.

nopepper 10-29-2007 08:28 AM

what amount? what do i do if he c/r me?

AlcateL 10-29-2007 08:41 AM

Tough hand, checking is too weak though I think is has to be bet 600-700 and call a shove, altho when you're shoved upon expect to be behind most (but not all) the time but expect to be ahead most of the time he checks to you so bet ! unfortuantely you can't really bet 600 here and fold toa shove getting 4-1

AlcateL 10-29-2007 11:48 AM

That was probably the worst response I've seen to a post in a long time, I banged it out while I was just heading out the door.
Interesting hand, basically what delegator said, the point I was trying to get across was when checked to on this river with a Q8hh you're generally ahead, although I suppose Kx(4?)hh is quite a possible holding to beat you. (not really too sure anyone would just lead a Kxhh out on the flop though).
But if you're not betting hands like this for value i don't know how it's possible to make money at the 10/20 + stakes. But this is one of the more interesting hands I've seen in a while as its a much more common scenario than some of the things that have been posted which are all just speculation, also the fact that it's 100bb deep and not 200+ makes it more relative to high stakes online ring games.

nopepper 10-29-2007 12:40 PM

i was definatley stumped with his river check. i will post results, would like to give some more time for feedback.

AcTiOnJaCsOn 10-29-2007 12:46 PM

ya id put him more on 4 x than anything, i dont think i liek beeting as much as most people, but your hand is so likely good here you probably have to bet, and just fold to a c/r would be a pretty sick bluff line.

DJ Sensei 10-29-2007 04:46 PM

bet like 1/2 pot, fold to c/r. not too complicated.

who was villain?