Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Stud hi - split sixes with an ace (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532558)

roggles 10-27-2007 12:26 PM

Stud hi - split sixes with an ace

$22 HORSE sng

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High (60/120), Ante 10, Bring-In 20 (converter)

Seat 1: 950
Seat 2: 1,750
Seat 4: 2,200
Seat 5: 2,150
Seat 6: 2,880
Hero: 2,080

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (5.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (4.50 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (7.50 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.50 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

Total pot: (13.50 BB - 1 620)

JSmith2007 10-27-2007 12:32 PM

Re: Stud hi - split sixes with an ace

I think your line is very good here. I seem to be running into more and more flushes in these type of situations though. Straight is unlikely, he's probably hit trips on 7th street or his flush. No way you can fold 7th street and you played all others fine IMO.

Poker CPA 10-27-2007 02:38 PM

3rd is a must R

holdemsucks 10-27-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3rd is a must R

[/ QUOTE ] Is this because you could catch an Ace or 6 anytime and you have some kind of a nut diamond flush draw? Are there any other reasons why it is a raise? I'm terrible at 7stud games.

toutatis70 10-27-2007 11:50 PM

Hey Andy B. Is this a raise in a cash game?

Poker CPA 10-28-2007 11:04 AM

Its a HU hand, not 3 way or multi-way. ITS a must

PoorLawyer 10-28-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3rd is a must R

[/ QUOTE ] Is this because you could catch an Ace or 6 anytime and you have some kind of a nut diamond flush draw? Are there any other reasons why it is a raise? I'm terrible at 7stud games.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to play multiway. Also, a lot of tourneys play tight and you wouldnt mind taking the antes if nobody has much of a hand.

Andy B 10-29-2007 01:16 AM

I think the only street that's really debatable is third. This is still early enough that I'm guessing that you're not likely to buy the antes by completing, so I think limping is fine (and since someone asked, that's what I'd do in a cash game). In another couple of levels, I think that completing would be mandatory.

ceegee 10-29-2007 04:19 AM

raising third is silly with a King and Jack left

Poker CPA 10-29-2007 09:59 AM

there's a 2 7 and 10 left too?? Get rid of the 7 and 2, and now we have position. Worrying about the J and K, then just fold and be done with it. Very weak