Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Torturing a nut FD+gutshot? 2/4 online full ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532433)

Mitke 10-27-2007 06:40 AM

Torturing a nut FD+gutshot? 2/4 online full ring

Good or bad? Comments on post-flop most welcome.

iPoker 2/4, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | <font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($46)
SB <font color="#C00000">Hero ($61.35)</font>
BB BB ($80.80) <font color="blue"> 12.8/3.0/0.4 after 133 hands</font>
UTG ($86.90)
UTG+1 <font color="#C00000">UTG+1 ($64.65)</font> <font color="blue">3rd hand at the table</font>
MP ($51.70)
MP MP ($112.05)
MP ($64.55)
CO-1 ($25.60)
CO CO ($218.85) <font color="blue">11.5/3.8/0.5 after 26 hands</font>

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
1 fold, UTG+1 calls 2, 1 fold, MP calls 2, 2 folds, CO calls 2, 1 fold, Hero calls 1, BB checks.

Flop (10) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BB bets 2, UTG+1 calls 2, 1 fold, CO raises to 4, Hero calls 4, BB calls 2, UTG+1 calls 2.

Turn (26) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, BB bets 4, UTG+1 raises to 8, 1 fold, Hero raises to 12, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to 8, Hero calls 4.

River (62) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG+1 bets 4, Hero calls 4

One Outer 10-27-2007 07:22 AM

Re: Torturing a nut FD+gutshot? 2/4 online full ring

Plz checkraise or lead flop. We have like 40% equity if no one flopped a set, and an A might be good too. This is criminal, IMO. Whole hand plays differently after that.

If I'm reading this correctly, and I like to think I am, UTG+1 just calls the original bet and raise on the flop and then wakes up on the turn. You three bet and he caps on the turn, correct? I feel that his line is also a flush the majority of the time. I would bet/call the river; you're leaving money on the table there.

Qwijibo 10-27-2007 11:21 AM

Looks like the intention was to c/r the flop, but it was bet and raised before it got back to him. This might have thrown a wrench into the gears.

I bet this river and consider making it three.

Mitke 10-27-2007 03:40 PM

Yeah, flop was bad. Should have either lead or c/r.

Check-raise was the idea. I guess I held back because I thought I might lose some customers forcing them to pay two to see the flop and when I show strength my check/3-betting the flop. This is still a problem on turn because of my poor relative position to the raiser.

On the turn I wake up and check raise - bet when the board pairs and brings a flush possibility. After this UTG+1 still caps the turn.

From the villain's point of this should ring the alarm bells. I thought the turn cap against my line must be at least K-high flush or the more likely slowplayed set.

-&gt; Hence my river line.

It could be argued that I should donk the turn because of my poor relative position to the CO who raised the flop.

One Outer 10-28-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like the intention was to c/r the flop, but it was bet and raised before it got back to him. This might have thrown a wrench into the gears.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he should have check/3bet. We cap this flop if we have the opportunity.

Mitke 10-29-2007 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he should have check/3bet. We cap this flop if we have the opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your replies.

I agree - my play on the flop was very bad. I should have extracted the value when having an equity edge over the whole field.

How about the river? You are originally suggesting putting more money in.

The reason I didn't was that on the turn when I woke up from my flop slumber and check/3-bet UTG+1 was still willing to cap it -&gt; a clear and loud display of strength vs. my display of at least a flush. BB's turn donk also looks like a flush here too.

Still should b/c river or even risk a cap by b/3-bet?

One Outer 10-29-2007 03:50 AM

I don't think bet/3bang the river is a good idea. You lose way, way more when behind doing that. I think that whenever he caps you lose, pretty much.

Bet/call river.