Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   LC: Possibly the worst I've ever played a hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532335)

suzzer99 10-27-2007 02:16 AM

LC: Possibly the worst I\'ve ever played a hand

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1500)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1500)
MP3 (t1500)
CO (t1500)
Hero (t1500)
SB (t1500)
BB (t1500)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t40</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, MP3 calls t40, <font color="red">CO raises to t140</font>, Hero calls t140, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, UTG calls t100, MP3 calls t100

Flop: (t590) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets t140</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, CO calls t140, Hero calls t140

Turn: (t1010) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets t220</font>, CO calls t220, Hero calls t220

River: (t1670) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets t220</font>, CO calls t220, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

Results in gray below:
<font color="#f7f7f7">UTG has Qc, 5c (two pair, Kings and Queens)</font>
<font color="#f7f7f7">CO has As, Ad (two pair, Aces and Kings)</font>

$225 - first hand - both unknowns. Don't ask me why. I don't know. Only thing I know is when I do something like this it's time to drink a beer and go to bed.

ALReturnsLOL 10-27-2007 02:31 AM

Re: LC: Possibly the worst I\'ve ever played a hand

I mean its not thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat bad. The river card sucked

suzzer99 10-27-2007 03:20 AM

Yeah but I have to call there getting 10-1. I was so pissed about that river I didn't think clearly. As far as the hand, my thinking was that if either has a K the money will get in and if they're going to suck out they're going to suck out. So I would play passive so AA and other stuff would bet. Bleh.

braminc 10-27-2007 04:31 AM

this would tilt me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Little John 10-27-2007 09:53 AM

i raise the turn here just in case someone is drawing, and usually one of them will be.

Webster 10-27-2007 10:10 AM

Raise the turn and win this hand RIGHT now!! Pot is big enough and why risk a nightmare card.

I really dislike slow playing normally and slow playing the flop is fine. After that I want to win it NOW and move-on.

As played . . . . . well . . . . I have to feel you posted this hand as some sort of public humiliation thing and yea -THAT was dumb and you deserve a sleepless night on that one!!

sixfour 10-27-2007 10:28 AM

Yeah, I don't get why we don't just jam turn

futuredoc85 10-27-2007 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn and win this hand RIGHT now!! Pot is big enough and why risk a nightmare card.

I really dislike slow playing normally and slow playing the flop is fine. After that I want to win it NOW and move-on.

As played . . . . . well . . . . I have to feel you posted this hand as some sort of public humiliation thing and yea -THAT was dumb and you deserve a sleepless night on that one!!

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you talking about dude if you raise its not to take the pot down right now w/ a boat its to get paid off. jesus

jedi 10-27-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn and get more money in this pot RIGHT now!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got 2 people who have put money in the flop and the turn, if they have anything at all (hopefully a King), they'll be putting money in on your turn raise. If they don't have anything, they'll probably shut it down on the river, fearing a slowplayed monster, right? (Maybe I don't know how the $225s play)

Nothing bad can happen if you raise the turn here. You're happily committing yourself in this spot.

suzzer99 10-27-2007 12:34 PM

The only reason I kept calling was that there were two of them. And I had position. I figured numbnuts would make another min-ish bet on the river and pretty much would have to call my shove by the odds he would be getting. And with a little luck maybe AA guy would come along too.

Raise turn is better though. Basically because of exactly what happened. Even if I didn't brainfart and fold the river, I still lost a lot of value with that scare card.

I've been on a bad run lately where I give up a free card with a set or something on a super unscary board, and villian hits a 2-outer on the turn or river. I just thought it had happened again and I was pissed.