Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Pennies for charity, a suggestion to all the sites (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532082)

Alobar 10-26-2007 05:56 PM

Pennies for charity, a suggestion to all the sites

So I was thinking earlier about the cent remainders in our accounts that we cant cash out. I imagine for most sites this adds up to to a decent chunk of change. Take party poker for the best example, How many hundreds of thousands (million+ ?) of abandoned accounts do they have with anywhere between .01 and .99 cents in them, just from American accounts alone. Some simple math shows its not an insignificant sum. How many does a site like Stars who has been around forever have? People who played, busted out and never came back but still have a .72 balance?

I was thinking it would be nice if a site came forward and offered the option during cash out to have the cent balance be given to charity, or just the option to simply cashout your cents to charity. They could just move it over to some account until it become some sum worthy of donation and then donate it. So if youve got $800.67 in your account and decide to cash out $400 you could hit a little check box and that cash that .67 out to charity.

I dont see how that would be hard to implement and would do a lot of good, it would also be very good PR. Imagine logging into stars and the little pop up that talks about whatever EPT seat they are giving away, also mentions how their players have donated over half a million dollars to charity.

CoolWave 10-26-2007 05:58 PM

Re: Pennies for charity, a suggestion to all the sites

i think this is good. also sites should be able to offer taking donations from players. how conveniant would it be to win a large pot and decide you didn't have the money 3 minutes ago and ship some off to a charity

Alobar 10-26-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this is good. also sites should be able to offer taking donations from players. how conveniant would it be to win a large pot and decide you didn't have the money 3 minutes ago and ship some off to a charity

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that would be even better, having the option of being able to donate any sum while cashing out!

I think having both would be best (the remainder checkbox, and the option for more). I think a lot of people would happily give away pennies they cant use anyway, where as they might not voluntarily donate more than that.

TheRock69 10-26-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I would trust an offshore site to send the money to charity. It would go right into their pockets. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

schwza 10-26-2007 09:58 PM

it'd be great if it happened, but you're asking the sites to hurt their business. i lobbied stars for a long time to put a charitable donation option in their FPP store and it never happened, even after lee jones said he would make it his personal project to work on it (you can use the concierge service).

RikaKazak 10-26-2007 10:55 PM

what if they just gave us the change like party did right at the end for U.S. players?