Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   BB Special--OVERBET ON FLOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532079)

TylerT 10-26-2007 05:49 PM

BB Special--OVERBET ON FLOP

Villain is 50/16. I flop well and decide to over bet it, I mean why not, right? Suprised by call--VB turn. Is this an ugly river? He insta-called the flop and turn bets, btw. What's the line here?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $50
UTG: $50.90
MP: $173.45
CO: $29.95
BTN: $44.55
SB: $54.15

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.50, 4 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG calls $5

Turn: ($11.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9</font>, UTG calls $9

River: ($29.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ???

whyzze 10-26-2007 05:56 PM

Re: BB Special--OVERBET ON FLOP

why would you try and get him to fold the flop? Just keep mashing the pot button. Depending on villian AF c/c river. if its real low, then b/f

TTStrangler 10-26-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean why not, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause this is such a huge overbet that you're only getting called by hands that beat you (normally)? It's not like you flopped the nuts or anything. I guess you had some type of read that Villain was such a fishy CS that he would call this huge bet with draws, a 9, ect..?

I think I would have to check the river, I have no clue what you would be beating here but Villain's line is very strange too.

EDIT: And if you did bet like this with the nuts then that would make Jesus cry.

TylerT 10-26-2007 06:01 PM

I wasn't trying to get him to fold, the pot was as small as possible so I thought that there might be value if I over bet b/c he seems so loose. Just wanted to build a pot if we were going to play it. Is this an awkward thought process???

TTStrangler 10-26-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't trying to get him to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting 4X the pot is trying to get him to fold. You flopped a good hand, you should be betting for value rather than trying to scare people away.

TylerT 10-26-2007 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And if you did bet like this with the nuts then that would make Jesus cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

I didn't see the value in potting a minimal pot with that hand. I don't normally make weird plays like this, but I try to do it like once or twice a session. Seemed like a good spot.

willyc 10-26-2007 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't trying to get him to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting 4X the pot is trying to get him to fold. You flopped a good hand, you should be betting for value rather than trying to scare people away.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. This is a perfect spot to get a superdonk to chase a flush draw against all odds. I do this all the time. Unfortunately it didn't work here so I make a blocking bet here or c/f.