Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   10/25 NL live tradeoffs with bottom two (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531989)

McStinky 10-26-2007 03:19 PM

10/25 NL live tradeoffs with bottom two

The game is 10/25 NL at Foxwoods, effective stacks 4000. I don't have a great read on villain, except that he is fairly loose preflop and seems to play decently after the flop. One limper in EP, villain limps in, I limp from the cutoff with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], SB completes and BB checks. BB is a pretty straightforward and passive player.

Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Checked to villain and he bets 100. I decide to just call, should I definitely raise here? Should I be willing to commit all my chips on this flop? The reason why I called was that villain most likely has a pair of jacks and if a blank comes off on the turn I am pretty sure villain will fire again. Of course I could be letting someone else in with a flush draw or straight draw, but it was a chance I was willing to take to get more money in on future blank cards. After I called, the BB called.

Turn is 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and villain bets out 350. I decide to call again, and BB calls. I could raise here, but then my hand would look like 35 and I only get action if I am beat. If I call and the river is a blank, I can represent a busted draw and maybe get a call from a worse hand.

River is 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and BB leads out for 1000. Villain folds and I fold.

Apathy 10-26-2007 03:22 PM

Re: 10/25 NL live tradeoffs with bottom two

I think you have to raise flop and/or turn

Cumulonimbus 10-26-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
should I definitely raise here?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you got two pair on a very drawy flop

[ QUOTE ]
Should I be willing to commit all my chips on this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on reads, image etc, but most likely yeah.

limon 10-26-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The game is 10/25 NL at Foxwoods, effective stacks 4000. I don't have a great read on villain, except that he is fairly loose preflop and seems to play decently after the flop. One limper in EP, villain limps in, I limp from the cutoff with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], SB completes and BB checks. BB is a pretty straightforward and passive player.

Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Checked to villain and he bets 100. I decide to just call, should I definitely raise here? Should I be willing to commit all my chips on this flop? The reason why I called was that villain most likely has a pair of jacks and if a blank comes off on the turn I am pretty sure villain will fire again. Of course I could be letting someone else in with a flush draw or straight draw, but it was a chance I was willing to take to get more money in on future blank cards. After I called, the BB called.

Turn is 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and villain bets out 350. I decide to call again, and BB calls. I could raise here, but then my hand would look like 35 and I only get action if I am beat. If I call and the river is a blank, I can represent a busted draw and maybe get a call from a worse hand.

River is 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and BB leads out for 1000. Villain folds and I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i riase here pf. it just makes so many things more possible on the flop w/ position. as played flop raise is mandatory w/ 4 players in...you say you dont know the dude but you've already put him on a J...weird. but back to basics see how the pfr on this hand specifically (and in general) makes the hand easier to play, causes you opponents to make huge mistakes/misreads and wins you more money?

Lefort 10-26-2007 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i riase here pf. it just makes so many things more possible on the flop w/ position. as played flop raise is mandatory w/ 4 players in...you say you dont know the dude but you've already put him on a J...weird. but back to basics see how the pfr on this hand specifically (and in general) makes the hand easier to play, causes you opponents to make huge mistakes/misreads and wins you more money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Might raise/call pf 50/50.. def def def need to raise the flop...