Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   400NL Turn decision with the nuts (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531955)

Proofrock 10-26-2007 02:36 PM

400NL Turn decision with the nuts

Villain is a TAG regular.

Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $534.20
UTG: $665.60
UTG+1: $308.40
MP1: $568
MP2: $341.60
CO: $468.65
Hero (BTN): $455.50
SB: $774.30

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
5 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15</font>, SB folds, BB calls $11

Flop: ($32) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $25</font>, BB calls $25

Turn: ($82) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $68</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $136</font>, <font color="red">Hero calls and shoves the river or just shoves now?</font>

Ctrl.Dominate 10-26-2007 02:38 PM

Re: Turn decision with the nuts

If you call do you fold if the board pairs?

CalledDownLight 10-26-2007 02:41 PM

I think calling is a little better. I really doubt he has a set here and can't really see him calling with much less.

Proofrock 10-26-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you call do you fold if the board pairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, probably not because the board is too coordinated for me to see him taking this line with a set.

Actually, what kind of hand takes this line except for a bluff?

Ctrl.Dominate 10-26-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling is a little better. I really doubt he has a set here and can't really see him calling with much less.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to why you don't think he has a set. Is it because of the flop check call?

CalledDownLight 10-26-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to why you don't think he has a set. Is it because of the flop check call?

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, preflop doesn't align with a set too well. Then he c/c a flop with a very dangerous board and checks the turn also. It just doesn't make sense. I really don't think he can play a single good made hand this way. If he has a made hand then he's trying to buy a free SD imo.

Proofrock 10-26-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop c/c + turn c/minraise on a super-coordinated board that's really likely to have hit me. I'm likely to check the turn with a lot of straight draws and marginal made hands, and his c/minraise gives good odds for any draw to continue. If he plays a set like this that makes me super happy.

Proofrock 10-26-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has a made hand then he's trying to buy a free SD imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty tough to do OOP, no?

CalledDownLight 10-26-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he has a made hand then he's trying to buy a free SD imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty tough to do OOP, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I agree. I didn't say that its not a retarded line, but some villains will take it with say KJ in hopes that you'll fold or call and check behind on the river. I wouldn't consider taking this line myself, but I've seen enough weird [censored], even from good regs, to know that its possible.

too eazy 10-26-2007 03:03 PM

He plays 78 like this very frequently I believe.