Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Should I have pushed the turn/folded the river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531495)

Bdizzle 10-25-2007 10:41 PM

Should I have pushed the turn/folded the river?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $131
BTN: $167.25
SB: $183.05
BB: $19.45
UTG: $239.70

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG calls $1, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, BTN calls $4.50, SB folds, BB calls $3.50, UTG folds

Flop: ($15) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, BTN calls $12, <font color="red">BB raises to $14.95 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $2.95, BTN calls $2.95

Turn: ($59.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">Hero bets $40</font>, BTN calls $40

River: ($139.85) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $43</font>, Hero calls $43

Results: $225.85 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero mucked Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-$102.45 NET)
BTN showed T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a flush, King high) and WON $222.85 (+$120.40 NET)
BB mucked K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Sevens) and LOST (-$19.45 NET)

Fairly obvious he was chasing the flush draw. Should I have just pushed the turn to get him to chase all in? And playing this the way I did should I have just folded to his river value bet?
P.S. Sorry about the double hand for hero, not sure why the converter was doing that and couldn't edit it out

FearNoArt 10-25-2007 11:00 PM

Re: Should I have pushed the turn/folded the river?

I probably bet closer to $50 on turn, and if villain is a competent player, no way is he value betting the river with a hand that doesn't beat AQ. Straight and flush draws made it, I fold this. No need to push turn , unless you think he'll call with that kinda draw, you got him to chase which is what you wanted. He just outdrew you , but you have to fold that riv.

Claunchy 10-25-2007 11:07 PM

Re: Should I have pushed the turn/folded the river?

Gah, thought I was in the Omaha forum there for a sec. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

This is fine. Don't fold the river getting &gt;4:1.