Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   poker bots (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531342)

Gen Sterling 10-25-2007 06:52 PM

poker bots

Hi guys. I'm sure my question has been asked and answered many times, but being the VERY busy guy I am, I can't take the time to read through long threads. Please, I beg you to indulge me a bit.

What are the opinions of 2+2ers on bots being used by the online cardrooms: PP, FT, PS, etc. Are players allowed, and is it possible, to use software that tracks opponent's playing styles during play? Is it a known fact that some cardrooms use their own bots?

I've noticed several posts where the poster will detail what appears to be an opponent's playing stats. How are these stats available to us?

I truly apologize for repeating this type of query, but I'd certainly appreciate any responses.

BTW: I play micro stakes tournaments, the $1 buyin types for 9 and 18 players. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm not a donk either, and I can't seem to fathom why I'm losing so much online. As a summary, in my last 15 tournaments, I've cashed only 5 times. I've made 14 final tables, and am down only a buck or two, but STILL, I seem to think I'm being out played by something other than the players themselves.

Perhaps I'm paranoid, but that doesn't mean they're not out to get me!

tedfurlong 10-25-2007 06:59 PM

Re: poker bots

Software

21CUP 10-25-2007 07:00 PM

poker tracker keeps stats and bots are not allowed.

Rek 10-25-2007 07:13 PM

So you are too busy to read but you want the rest of us to take the time and reply to you. Ok then - search you lazy git.

Gen Sterling 10-25-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you are too busy to read but you want the rest of us to take the time and reply to you. Ok then - search you lazy git.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, nobody HAS to reply [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

freecard4all 10-25-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the opinions of 2+2ers on bots being used by the online cardrooms: PP, FT, PS, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
bots aren't allowed. No room. No way.

[ QUOTE ]
Are players allowed, and is it possible, to use software that tracks opponent's playing styles during play?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...umber=12485420

[ QUOTE ]
Is it a known fact that some cardrooms use their own bots?

[/ QUOTE ]
no.

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed several posts where the poster will detail what appears to be an opponent's playing stats. How are these stats available to us?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...Board=software
There are basically 3 allowed sw of this kind:
PokerTracker
PokerOffice
HoldemManager
(sorted by release date)

[ QUOTE ]
BTW: I play micro stakes tournaments, ... and am down only a buck or two, but STILL, I seem to think I'm being out played by something other than the players themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
which poker room?
I can almost guarantee you weren't outplayed by anything other than
(a) better opponent
(b) better luck of someone else (happens a lot).

BTW. MTT has way the biggest variance among all other games.
If you are "few bucks" either way you can be the biggest loser or the biggest winner as well. 15 MTTs is like 1.5 orbits in cash game.

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps I'm paranoid,

[/ QUOTE ]
certainly is the right word [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
but that doesn't mean they're not out to get me!

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe. But not for that "few bucks". If it was rigged they would let you win big and then let you lose even bigger.
If you lost your first few MTTs it in fact proves it's not rigged.

freecard4all 10-25-2007 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he wants to be assured the games aren't rigged. You won't find that through the search. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And I think you will better read this than later all the posts like usual: "this *** is all rigged **** **** it's all **** I can prove those *** *** they *** cheaters"

a nonymous 10-26-2007 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW: I play micro stakes tournaments, the $1 buyin types for 9 and 18 players. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm not a donk either, and I can't seem to fathom why I'm losing so much online. As a summary, in my last 15 tournaments, I've cashed only 5 times. I've made 14 final tables, and am down only a buck or two, but STILL, I seem to think I'm being out played by something other than the players themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hate to break it to you, but you're def a donk.

Bobo Fett 10-26-2007 01:29 AM

Freecard, I may not be a big fan of some of your posts, but this was an excellent reply. NH sir.

Gen Sterling 10-26-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hate to break it to you, but you're def a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah yeah, I know. Thanks for all the replies folks. Just played a $1.75 9 table on Stars, picked up AA in SB first hand. One caller, then button raises to 80, I make it 300, get both callers. It went this way:

*** FLOP *** [9d 8c 8d]
HERO: checks
villain1: bets 220
villain2: (BUTTON) raises 980 to 1200 and is all-in
HERO: folds

villain1: shows [9h Th] (a full house, Nines full of Eights)
villain2: shows [Ad 3h] (two pair, Nines and Eights)
villain1 collected 3340 from pot.

I don't think this is my game.

Thanks again for the replies. I'll check out that software.