Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Star Wars Episode V Question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531054)

Dale Dough 10-25-2007 11:29 AM

Star Wars Episode V Question

OK so I just picked up the original trilogy and watched it the other day.

There's one thing that happened early in Ep V that I just can't get over. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this one:

On Hoth, it's cold enough at night that those big dinosaur like creatures they ride can't survive, because they freeze. So when Luke was captured by the abominable snowman, why didn't he finish him off and stay in his cave for the night? That has to be better than walking out into the cold when it's getting dark out. Why, OOT, why?

bobman0330 10-25-2007 11:30 AM

Re: Star Wars Episode V Question

A wizard did it.

EDIT: Also, who wants to fight a giant yeti or whatever. He got the drop on it the first time, but who wants to actually fight one of those things?

Xaston 10-25-2007 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but who wants to actually fight one of those things?

[/ QUOTE ]

LUKE [censored] SKYWALKER

SamIAm 10-25-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on, at this point, all Luke knows how to do is bullseye womp rats.

He made a lucky shot against the deathstar, but hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Five-Star 10-25-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He made a lucky shot against the deathstar, but hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find your lack of faith disturbing

http://www.utdallas.edu/~ctf031000/VIG/choke.jpg

SamIAm 10-25-2007 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
those big dinosaur like creatures they ride

[/ QUOTE ]
I looked 'em up. Did you know that Tauntauns are "reptomammals"?

[ QUOTE ]
A reptomammal was any species having both reptilian and mammalian traits, such as having scaly skin yet giving live birth. Examples of reptomammals include the tauntaun, wampa, sketto, and rancor.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty silly.

edit: I especially like the use of the past tense. (Remember, it's a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.)

Matt Williams 10-25-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of the Death Star, why did they wait for the moon to clear the planet before trying to shoot it? Why not just blow up the planet that was in the way?

gusmahler 10-25-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On Hoth, it's cold enough at night that those big dinosaur like creatures they ride can't survive, because they freeze. So when Luke was captured by the abominable snowman, why didn't he finish him off and stay in his cave for the night? That has to be better than walking out into the cold when it's getting dark out. Why, OOT, why?

[/ QUOTE ]
The portrayal of Luke in Ep 4 and Ep 5 made him seem rather, how should I put this delicately, rather stupid.

Hey_Porter 10-25-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The portrayal of Luke in Ep 4 and Ep 5 made him seem rather, how should I put this delicately, rather stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Luke's maturation IS kind of the point of 4 and 5 (5 especially).

daryn 10-25-2007 02:06 PM

ugh, just wasted a ton of time on wookiepedia, as always