Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Senate quashes grant for Woodstock museum (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530948)

adios 10-25-2007 08:17 AM

Senate quashes grant for Woodstock museum

Senate quashes grant for Woodstock museum

McCain is good publicity for blasting this. Hillary and Schumer of course want it funded:

Clinton and her New York colleague, Sen. Charles Schumer, had the funding inserted into the $604 billion education and health spending bill. The Woodstock project's main backer, Alan Gerry, is a registered Republican who recently became a major contributor to the Schumer-led Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.

Nine days after the "earmark" was placed in the bill in June, Gerry and his wife contributed the maximum of $9,200 to Clinton's primary and general election campaign funds. The Gerry family contributed an additional $20,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, USA TODAY reported Wednesday.

You give me a $1,000,000, I'll give you ~$30,000.

It appears that a Hillary presidency will be a presidency that is available to those special interests that cough up the bucks.

XXXNoahXXX 10-25-2007 09:19 AM

Re: Senate quashes grant for Woodstock museum

and this differs from every other politician ever how?

haarley 10-25-2007 09:41 AM

If they can't get this money into the "Education and health" spending bill they should just introduce a new bill called "The healthy Kids Act of 2007" or something similar then use that money for the Woodstock museum, cause only mean people vote against childrens healthcare.

Jamougha 10-25-2007 09:43 AM

Corrupt obviously, is it even illegal in the US tho?

AngusThermopyle 10-25-2007 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Corrupt obviously, is it even illegal in the US tho?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it seems to be required under the ethics rules of both the House and Senate. If you don't do it, you get censured.

I'm shocked, shocked to find that influence peddling is going on in here!

ikestoys 10-25-2007 10:59 AM

pretty std imo, but this hurts the Democrats right now the same way similar crap hurt the Republicans when they were in power

vulturesrow 10-25-2007 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and this differs from every other politician whose last name is Clinton ever how?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

andyfox 10-25-2007 11:31 AM

"It appears that a Hillary presidency will be a presidency that is available to those special interests that cough up the bucks."

I'm shocked--shocked--to hear of this blatant purchase of a favor by a big contributor. Next thing you know we'll be reuibilding Iraq and a corporation that the vice president used to run will have large contracts there.

pvn 10-25-2007 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty std imo, but this hurts the Democrats right now the same way similar crap hurt the Republicans when they were in power

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, it doesn't hurt them at all. People get pissy and post about how shocked, SHOCKED they are about this stuff, yet come election time, nothing changes.

andyfox 10-25-2007 11:33 AM

Didn't see your Casablanca line before I used it; it's still not too late for me to edit, but I like it too much to do so. Sorry.