Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   WTF is this guy doing??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530652)

valdiesel 10-24-2007 09:23 PM

WTF is this guy doing???

I just sat down and have no reads on opponent. I check turn because I would like to keep the pot small. I know its a drawy board, but just didnt want to build it

Feedback on my play would also be appreciated

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $57.45
BB: $48.90
UTG: $57.05
Hero (MP): $50
CO: $25.70
BTN: $49.25

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.25</font>, BB calls $3.25

Turn: ($10.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($10.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $43.65 and is All-In</font>, Hero?

Hebel 10-24-2007 09:27 PM

Re: WTF is this guy doing???

very often i see fish do this with monster hands that they want to get paid off. Im going to fold this readless.
I like how the rest of the hand was played.

PJo336 10-24-2007 09:28 PM

I agree completely, this looks like a boat/trips or a flopped str8 that was hoping for a turn c/r, and now he wants it all

AFCBeer 10-24-2007 09:31 PM

Hmm I think we can make it about $7 on the turn. If he calls hopefully this will set up a check-check on the river. The reason I quite like a turn bet is that we can still get value from hands we beat and we have a very easy fold to a c/r.

There is nothing wrong with the line you took though and readless I think its a fold.

Schiester 10-24-2007 09:32 PM

I b/f turn; c/c river (not an all-in as was played).

Villan may be messing around with a worse king and could be interpreting your flop action as a cbet.

I'm much happier about folding river / turn if I've bet the turn.

doublehawk 10-24-2007 09:39 PM

If he's anything like the standard 10NL and 25NL player, there's a good chance he's got trip jacks - checking the turn because - heaven forbid - you might fold if he bet.

n4rf 10-24-2007 09:54 PM

Yup, I HATE these lines by villains, pisses the hell out of me. It's a fold here, but take note on the opponent that he is willing to do this. A lot of these opponents have paid me off because I will try to play more pots with them.

Profish2285 10-24-2007 10:03 PM

If villain bet a normal amount its a snap call as you induced the bluff by checking the turn. HOWEVER, when villains decide to shove like this, its almost always a big hand that they feel they missed value on and are now trying to make up for it. This is definitely a fold.

Woody317 10-24-2007 10:16 PM

Betting turn makes this hand a hell of a lot easier. You'll still get value out of KQ and maybe lower kings depending on villain. This'll also make it more likely that you can check down the river to get a cheap showdown.

cooker3 10-24-2007 11:00 PM

Betting the turn makes your life easier. As played it's a fold