Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   flopped "three-pair" QKJ on rainbow flop, bet and get raised: call? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530628)

texnewb 10-24-2007 08:50 PM

flopped \"three-pair\" QKJ on rainbow flop, bet and get raised: call?

So If I'm behind to AT here I've got 6 outs. Do you think I have odds+implied odds to call here? Also, I might be against KQ/KJ here sometimes at these limits. Is folding or calling the worse play?

PLO8 $0.10/$0.25, Party, 6-way
Stack sizes:
UTG+1: $29.37
SB: $26.39
hero: $26.56

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, hero checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.75, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $0.72</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $2.88</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero?</font>

TxRedMan 10-24-2007 08:54 PM

Re: flopped \"three-pair\" QKJ on rainbow flop, bet and get raised: call?

[ QUOTE ]
So If I'm behind to AT here I've got 6 outs. Do you think I have odds+implied odds to call here? Also, I might be against KQ/KJ here sometimes at these limits. Is folding or calling the worse play?

PLO8 $0.10/$0.25, Party, 6-way
Stack sizes:
UTG+1: $29.37
SB: $26.39
hero: $26.56

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, hero checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.75, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $0.72</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $2.88</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold.

Your implied odds suck and enough of the time your opponent will show up with top set or middle set and you'll get stacked when you make the underfull. Your opponent would have to be extremely aggressive to play with him here, i.e., he'd have to be making this play w/ KT, QT, JT, and similar a LOT.

-Tex

GaZaZaZa 10-24-2007 08:57 PM

Re: flopped \"three-pair\" QKJ on rainbow flop, bet and get raised: call?

I FOLD HERE, esepcially given the fact that your out of position, if turn comes blank he fires and then you really have to fold, if you hit one of your 6 outs, then what, you check, unless he is a fish he checks behind as well, or you bet, then he most likly folds. So basically, unless you rate this player lowly this is a fold, you dont have odds, nor implied odds here