Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   good resteal spot? Full Tilt $3 Rebuy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530464)

JSnoop 10-24-2007 05:18 PM

good resteal spot? Full Tilt $3 Rebuy

ITM, about 50 players remain. Hero has played tight for several orbits - horrible cards, no spots to steal, as table has been very active. Villain is SB, who has @ t35000 before posting. Hero has t44500.

Blinds are 600-1200 with 200 ante. All muck to SB, who instantly raises to 6600. Hero has ATo. Is this a good resteal hand? If called, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be behind? I would like to know if this is the type of hand I want to make this play with, or should I be moving with something not as likely to be dominated if called?

Having some trouble with these types of hands/spots, having bubbled (within 10 spots of money) 5 tournaments in these types of situations in the last week. Any help appreciated.

typohh 10-24-2007 05:57 PM

Re: good resteal spot? Full Tilt $3 Rebuy

If you are going for a resteal, why do you care that your cards are, it is STEAL after all, most of the EV in this move should come from opponent folding so your cards shouldnt really matter. Besides, why waste a good (for battle of blinds) ATo on a steal, you could call and play it from position postflop.

Also, if you intend to steal (after all, you might happent o have ATo when a steal opportunity arises, your cards really shouldnt matter) then do you have a reason why now, why in this situation. Has he been open betting frequently from SB or late position, has he shown a tendency to fold after failed steal?

jchauvin 10-24-2007 06:09 PM

i'd push this so fast.

hamnegger 10-24-2007 06:21 PM

the size of the raise is suspicious. he is raising 5.5bb out of sb? thats a bad amount to "steal" with. why is he committing so much? has he done this before? what have his norm raises been? if smaller it is a muck. he has a big hand and wants you to think he is weak. but ace 10 is usually not a "steal" hand its a value hand hu.i think you are getting called here alot so the question is ace 10 ahead of his range?

Pokerfarian 10-24-2007 06:42 PM

Antes are huge, after being folded to SB this is equilivant to 2000/1400, no antes, so 6600 isnt a ridiculously huge raise given he's going to be OOP. So I think this is a reshove whatever his calling range is, unless he's a real nit, because ATo is just way too good here BvB.

SharkTank43 10-24-2007 06:51 PM

I shove for value here. You're ahead a ton of the time here.

gobucks27 10-24-2007 07:31 PM

Without any reads...I believe a shove is in order here against unknown villain..

JSnoop 10-24-2007 11:15 PM

Thank you for replies.
Table was quite active, this is actually the first time it was mucked to him in this situation. Raise size seemed suspicious to me, like he didn't want a call. I shoved because I believed him to have a small PP, or something like KQ, and didn't really want me calling him and would fold if I shoved. I believed that this was resteal because it also seemed like he could have total air - ie. stealing. But it appears as though the consensus is shove for value - as in, I should expect to have the best hand and get called by worse?

I shoved, he insta-called, showed 33. My next question is, is this a good call on his part there? Thank you.

ChipSpeak 10-25-2007 12:28 AM

It's a ridiculous call on his part, flipping at best. Well played though, active table, I'm shoving here all day.