Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Playing the flopped underfull (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530178)

HeyBigMan 10-24-2007 10:45 AM

Playing the flopped underfull

Table action has been very loose. I've been seeing about half the flops and playing rather passive post flop.

Hand #1295011614000477: Los Angeles 11614
Seat 1: 13ad13eat13 (135.35 in chips)
Seat 3: skyki (40.00 in chips)
Seat 4: HERO (111.70 in chips)
Seat 5: dirtydiamond (104.60 in chips)
Seat 7: 65Nickie (35.35 in chips)
Seat 8: tilt away (58.00 in chips)
Seat 9: Loading... (100.00 in chips)
Seat 10: junglekings8 (41.35 in chips)
13ad13eat13: posts small blind $0.50
skyki: posts big blind $1
Loading...: posts big blind $1
Dealt to IMAKOOLA [ 8d Ac Tc 8s ]
IMAKOOLA: calls
dirtydiamond: folds
65Nickie: folds
tilt away: raises to $4.50
Loading...: folds
junglekings8: folds
13ad13eat13: calls
skyki: folds
IMAKOOLA: calls
*** FLOP *** [ Js, 8c, Jd. ]
13ad13eat13: bets $15.50
HERO .....?

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Thanks

Jude the Apostle 10-24-2007 11:21 AM

Re: Playing the flopped underfull

Pre flop I like to raise; but as played looks fine.
On the flop just pot it.

RoundTower 10-24-2007 11:23 AM

preflop is fine, now raise and get it in.

gordo16 10-24-2007 11:44 AM

Yeah, HU I just pot this flop. Multi-way action, I generally play this hand pretty slow...

Grandezza 10-24-2007 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, HU I just pot this flop. Multi-way action, I generally play this hand pretty slow...

[/ QUOTE ]

why wouldn't you just raise this flop even multi-way? seems like you can get enough of your stack in to deny them odds to draw. and I think you get it in enough vs Jxxx to make up for the times when you're drawing dead.

this is 3-way btw.

OrrLives 10-24-2007 01:32 PM

Good chance you are up against AJXX. If you pot it you may stack a AJXX depending on how aggressive he is.

gordo16 10-25-2007 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why wouldn't you just raise this flop even multi-way? seems like you can get enough of your stack in to deny them odds to draw. and I think you get it in enough vs Jxxx to make up for the times when you're drawing dead.

this is 3-way btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just personally found that it was a -EV situation for me to continue potting underfulls in multi-way action. I feel more confident that I can outplay someone in a pot much less straightforward than this one, where you are getting called by any J and are only 70/30 to win, or being snapped off by J8 where you are essentially drawing dead.

holdemsucks 10-26-2007 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pre flop I like to raise

[/ QUOTE ] Why would you play this hand in the first place? You're out of position.

mixmastermattyk 10-26-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is 3-way btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just personally found that it was a -EV situation for me to continue potting underfulls in multi-way action. I feel more confident that I can outplay someone in a pot much less straightforward than this one, where you are getting called by any J and are only 70/30 to win, or being snapped off by J8 where you are essentially drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you found that the times that J8 has you effectively drawing dead outweighs the other times they have AJxx or whatever and we're 70/30? Because I love to get my money in as a 70/30 all day considering the many more marginal situations that come about. Are J's folding that often that we don't ever get our money in that good?

pete fabrizio 10-26-2007 11:54 PM

this is a super-easy raise. first, the donk-bettor probably doesn't have jacks full, and second, the fact that you have a donk-better makes it even less likely that 3rd player has jacks full. third, in case they both have jacks, there's a good chance they have duplicate outs or someone with live outs folds fearing he's drawing dead. fourth, you have 2 good cards that he may need to fill up in your hand, so you could be in even better shape than usual.