Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Tricky turn decision (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530160)

GAL 10-24-2007 10:03 AM

Tricky turn decision

Prima Poker skin
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $123.98
UTG+1: $471.94
hero: $193.00
Button: $49.09
SB: $208.50
BB: $53.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $11</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($46, 4 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, hero checks.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($46, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $23</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, hero ??

From the hands I've played with him it looks like SBs bet sizes are in line with his hand strength, I/m pretty sure a raise will get him to fold but I'm not sure about UTG who likes to chase any draw and is a bit of a CS. Also if I just call here I could have bad reverse implied odds if a Spade comes.

herbstl 10-24-2007 10:34 AM

Re: Tricky turn decision

I think you only have 3 Outs (non spade Jacks) - for me easy fold.

sc000t 10-24-2007 11:19 AM

I call this. I'd be willing to bluff a heart river if checked too and value bet a spade river if checked too. His hand seems weak enough, that we can chase this small bet in position and even if we miss, try to get him off it on a scary river card if checked too.

CrushinFelt 10-24-2007 12:48 PM

Fold, you have no idea what is good for you

crashwhips 10-24-2007 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a fold is terrible here with this hand against someone who a weak bet indicates weakness for is betting weak. I like Sc000t's line, though I'd raise this up sometimes too.

Big Dave D 10-24-2007 08:30 PM

I quite like a raise here. It looks a bit like you had AA and decided to check the flop. I don't liek the preflop raise tho.

gl

bdd

OrrLives 10-25-2007 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SB betting into you is weird as you may have just hit your AAXX. Do you normally continuation bet AAXX in 4 way action in position?

I think a call is fine here. You are getting pretty good odds (4 to 1) to make a decent flush or the nut straight. Even top two pair might be good.

There is a good chance SB will check the river or make a blocking bet so you can see the river cheaply (if you improve).

I would only raise here with a very strong read 3 way.

GoldenIP 10-25-2007 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SB betting into you is weird as you may have just hit your AAXX. Do you normally continuation bet AAXX in 4 way action in position?

I think a call is fine here. You are getting pretty good odds (4 to 1) to make a decent flush or the nut straight. Even top two pair might be good.

There is a good chance SB will check the river or make a blocking bet so you can see the river cheaply (if you improve).

I would only raise here with a very strong read 3 way.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^^^

BTW peeps, does Prima have HU PLO cash?

Elrazor 10-25-2007 06:00 AM

i would be more inclined to call to bluff if i was HU, or if i had the bare ace of hearts but this looks like SB was going for a c/r with a set, and is now scared you have AAxx and is feeling you out. for this reason i prefer raising over calling, but i prefer folding over either of these 2 as people just dont usually pass TTT in these spots unless they are real nits, this will then probably price the other player in for his draw and leave you probably calling for a spade flush/split pot if you are lucky

Big Dave D 10-25-2007 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but this looks like SB was going for a c/r with a set, and is now scared you have AAxx and is feeling you out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 1/2 6 max. This is a hell of an assumption with no info on the player. He could have two pair, a draw or just be feeling frisky.

gl

bdd