Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   5/10 NL HOW DO I BEAT THIS &@^#%@ER! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529278)

wickedgoodtrader 10-23-2007 09:34 AM

5/10 NL HOW DO I BEAT THIS &@^#%@ER!

Ok so Im a big winner playing short handed 5/10. There is 1 god damn dude that I just can not beat and it is killing me. I usually stay away from players I don't fair well against but I am forced to play him because he'll jump in my HU game or some [censored] and won't go away. His name is Lapai777 on bodog. He plays about 23/8 even while heads up. Very little raisin pre. And when he bets he's GOT IT. Prob is I raise pre.. Every [censored] time. I know in general I need to wait for big cards. But are there any other pointers on beating a guy like this. I've gone with the fold everytime unless I've got something but everytimne I got something he's got something better.. this fuckler hits a god damn pair on every board I swear. Any one got other info on the guy.

Borned_Luckbox1 10-23-2007 09:38 AM

Re: 5/10 NL HOW DO I BEAT THIS &@^#%@ER!

[ QUOTE ]
He plays about 23/8 even while heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't beat him, he's too good.

ogdundar 10-23-2007 10:26 AM

You should edit your post and give us some more information instead of telling us how he runs good, even 2p2ers can't help you with that.

A 23/8 HU player should be pretty easy to beat. HU isn't the game to be nutpeddling in. You should raise every button and c-bet somewhat more carefully considering that he usually has above average holdings when he takes a flop. Study his preflop ranges and what lines he take when he hits. After that you will be able to c-bet more succesfully and possibly multi-barreling his weaker hits. The overall gameplan is to stab at every pot and stay away when he wakes up until you stack him on a cooler.

JLiQ 10-23-2007 10:33 AM

^^^

Unknown Soldier 10-23-2007 10:33 AM

you could be playing durrr. Run for your life!

wickedgoodtrader 10-23-2007 10:37 AM

That's why I'm so hung up on this guy because he plays so tight and I still can't grind his ass. Seems his tightness should be fairly easy to beat.
He tends to play passively and light. He'll check call with any pair on flop. I do like what you said about multi-barreling his weaker holdings because I feel thats the key. I end up C-betting and if he calls I've been shutting down because I know he has something. Then at showdown it'll be something like A7 on a Q87 board. I think I will have to study his lines better to see if I can pick out when the multi barrel is a go.

FireStorm 10-23-2007 10:38 AM

Not really sure what the question is here. More information, or a direct inquiry, would help. We can't really tell you how to beat a guy based simply off a breakdown that he plays tight and runs well.

Even though you covered this, simply avoid him if you can. Play other games/tables or alter your times so that you run into better situations.

AceCR9 10-23-2007 10:57 AM

bluffing has never worked on bodog, and I am sure still doesn't. SO STOP IT!

fishfather 10-23-2007 11:04 AM

build big pots on boards that don't fit well with his tight range.

shootaa 10-23-2007 02:20 PM

adjust?