Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Which online superstars have gone busto recently? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529)

El Diablo 10-31-2005 06:00 PM

Which online superstars have gone busto recently?

I used to chat w/ people about this stuff and be in the know, but I haven't talked to anyone about this in months.

So, what's the gossip? Which young online high-limit superstars have gone busto in the last few months? Any "big online names" or 2+2ers? Which high-limit regulars have mysteriously disappeared?

The only games I know about are the UB NL games, and none of the guys who have gone busto recently were well-known.

Gossip away!

DesertCat 10-31-2005 06:10 PM

Re: Which online superstars have gone busto recently?

Ashamedly, I did this summer. I had withdrawn all my remaining winnings ($10k) and quit in the spring. Then I started over with a fresh buyin, trying a new game (SNG's) and went bust very quickly. Two hundred bucks down the drain.

Finally I reloaded and went back to my bread and butter, shorthanded NL. My bankroll is up 300% this month (to $800;), and I'm getting my swagger back. Bring on Mike Matusow!

Dylan_1965 10-31-2005 06:17 PM

you sir are a superstar.

Clayton 10-31-2005 08:05 PM

He asked for online superstars.

idrinkcoors 10-31-2005 09:54 PM

Slightly off topic, but does anybody know of an online superstar (Pokerstars player), who is from Sweden, and whose real first name is Frederick?

I played with the guy in a cash game at the WSOP, and he was hilarious, going all in preflop blind, ordering 3 drinks at a time, etc. This was a $1/2 $100 nl buy in. He threw down $2k as he first sat down. Said he plays Spirit Rock heads-up. Also told me he won $100k in online cash games in May, and I kind of believe him. Yeah I know it was 1/2, but he said he was just blowing off steam while waiting for a bigger game.

voltron. 10-31-2005 09:59 PM

yes, a report on the Top 5 East Coast Poker Players Under 25 In The World is due.

Alex/Mugaaz 10-31-2005 11:19 PM

How many superstars are there on 2+2? There are not that many people that fit your criteria, and any that do will have posted a "downswing" post by now. The only people that count are frequent posters who all of a sudden stopped, and I can't think of any, but that type of departure usually goes unnoticed.

daryn 11-01-2005 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Slightly off topic, but does anybody know of an online superstar (Pokerstars player), who is from Sweden, and whose real first name is Frederick?

I played with the guy in a cash game at the WSOP, and he was hilarious, going all in preflop blind, ordering 3 drinks at a time, etc. This was a $1/2 $100 nl buy in. He threw down $2k as he first sat down. Said he plays Spirit Rock heads-up. Also told me he won $100k in online cash games in May, and I kind of believe him. Yeah I know it was 1/2, but he said he was just blowing off steam while waiting for a bigger game.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like JarleAA/Far, or maybe I_Knockout_U

Gator519 11-01-2005 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be H@lling0l. Or however he has his name.

dibbs 11-01-2005 04:51 AM

Haven't watched this stuff in a while, but curious about this, as its in the general range of this convo.

Is arb really SR or it some shared account between him and some other dude or what? he plays a lot different than SR a lot, is he a winner in that game? Ive heard a certain player here talk smack about him, but I havent watched enough to know.

Did JB blow the WCOOP cash yet? I haven't seen panell at stars lately.