Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL100: JJ Did I play This Right? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528900)

ncboiler 10-22-2007 08:20 PM

NL100: JJ Did I play This Right?

No notes on villain but has stats of 12/9/3 over 1200

Does he re-raise PF with anything that I beat? Do I bet the turn?

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $126.75
UTG: $54.35
UTG+1: $108.25
UTG+2: $90.10
Hero (MP1): $98.50
MP2: $10.95
CO: $18.50
BTN: $24.45
SB: $149.25

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP1)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, 4 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $12

Flop: ($32.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $20</font>, Hero calls $20

Turn: ($72.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($72.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $34</font>, Hero folds

Results: $72.50 Pot ($3 Rake)
BB mucked and WON $69.50 (+$33.50 NET)

Brocktoon 10-22-2007 08:33 PM

Re: NL100: JJ Did I play This Right?

I think just folding preflop against a guy that tight is fine.

On the flop the worst hand he ever has there is TPTK and in that case he's got one of your outs. I think I would fold the flop too.

FWIW I think going all in on the flop may be better than calling since you might fold out AA/AK. In either case you're getting 2.5:1 on 8 outs and after calling you'll only have ~$60 left so your implied odds aren't there.

River fold is good, I'm about 90% sure he had AK.

Das Budrick 10-22-2007 09:18 PM

I would fold preflop, with a 4x rr from a 12/9 you're pretty much always setmining here, and you aren't getting good odds for that.

I agree with brocktoon, fold &gt; shove &gt; call

CalledDownLight 10-22-2007 10:25 PM

jam the flop for sure

Brocktoon 10-22-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jam the flop for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you have to be pretty sure he'd fold AA/AK for that to make sense? Otherwise you're putting $80+ into a $32 pot with &lt;8 outs.

If you're sure he'll fold AA or TPTK to a shove there then I agree the shove is +EV since those are his most likely holdings. However, most players are never folding a hand that strong on the flop in a 3-bet pot after a C-bet.

ncboiler 10-22-2007 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jam the flop for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you have to be pretty sure he'd fold AA/AK for that to make sense? Otherwise you're putting $80+ into a $32 pot with &lt;8 outs.

If you're sure he'll fold AA or TPTK to a shove there then I agree the shove is +EV since those are his most likely holdings. However, most players are never folding a hand that strong on the flop in a 3-bet pot after a C-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about shoving briefly but decided against it because I just don't think he is folding any hands that beat me.

CalledDownLight 10-22-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jam the flop for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most 12/9s aren't retarded. Especially if hero has that many hands against him. If anything do it for metagame and the fact that when he has a set you still have 8 outs.

edit: since you can't call purely for set value then you either have to be jamming here or really need to fold this preflop.

RyanCMU 10-22-2007 10:58 PM

I think I fold on the flop.

However, I belive there is merit to shoving. What range of hands do you think a tight player puts you on here if you shove? TT-AA, AK. It becomes a very tough call for him w/ most of his range w/ the exception of KK and QQ.

CalledDownLight 10-22-2007 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I fold on the flop.

However, I belive there is merit to shoving. What range of hands do you think a tight player puts you on here if you shove? TT-AA, AK. It becomes a very tough call for him w/ most of his range w/ the exception of KK and QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure shoving this with JJ&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;than shoving with AK. I don't know that that directly related to your point, but just wanted to throw it out there. I also think its a better shove with JJ than AA, but people will surely disagree with that.

ranka 10-23-2007 02:14 AM

OffTopic:

[ QUOTE ]
jam the flop for sure

[/ QUOTE ]
jam == shove?