Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   [50NL] AQ, do I stack off against 2 callers? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528481)

kenadams 10-22-2007 11:31 AM

[50NL] AQ, do I stack off against 2 callers?

This hand is pretty awful IMO, so let's see what everyone says. I'm in doubt about my preflop play (should I raise and how much?), whether to c-bet or not into 2 people (probably yes) and how awful my turn play is (I thought villain might bet any king as we checked through the flop).

CO is 78/20/0.75
BTN is 25/12/1.42

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $26.94
SB: $61.68
Hero (BB): $76.38
UTG: $48
CO: $88.39

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2</font>, BTN calls $2, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, CO calls $6, BTN calls $6

Flop: ($24.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($24.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $8</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $10.94 and is All-In

River: ($62.13) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

CubicZirconia 10-22-2007 11:41 AM

Re: [50NL] AQ, do I stack off against 2 callers?

I don't like the re-raise before the flop, especially since the button has already called. You're building a huge pot out of position.

On the flop you absolutely have to bet. You're not really cbetting here, you have a hand. You cannot check this on the flop and turn.

Profish2285 10-22-2007 11:43 AM

I think the 3-bet pf is standard, its a squeeze play. Its more than likely youre ahead of the buttons range here as well as the CO. I think the flop check is a good line only if youre willing to stack off on the turn tho.

Logun 10-22-2007 11:46 AM

PF - you can raise if you like but I would go a bit more to 10$ simply because Btn is in there too.

Since btn cc PF too I don't mind a smooth call. Your choice dependant upon reads and table image

Post flop - again read dependant but I c-bet here 90% of the time. I only check if I want to play for stacks. (and at these levels it is generally better to just bet your hand)

Somnius 10-22-2007 12:55 PM

I reraise this preflop a majority of the time, especially against passive opponents. Pretty much have to bet flop here imo...you made a big pot, don't give them unlimited odds to hit something and take the pot you created and actually hit, take it down.

Kasane 10-22-2007 01:07 PM

pf is good. Not just fine, it's good. You might bet a smidgen more because CO is deepish with you, but 8 is fine as well.

Two callers is a bit unusual, but button shorty can't have a hand that should be doing this.

Bet flop. You're going to the felt with shorty. Obviously be wary of CO.