Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   suuuuuuper simple (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528024)

HOWMANY 10-21-2007 06:49 PM

suuuuuuper simple

Villain is surfdoc, 6 handed 40

villain raises utg I call in bb with Js9s

Flop JKT I c/c

Turn 9 I check he bets

CardSharpCook 10-21-2007 06:52 PM

Re: suuuuuuper simple

I think you must have mis-typed the flop. It should read "flop JKT, I c/f."

HOWMANY 10-21-2007 06:53 PM

I really wanted to make a straight so I could c/c turn c/f river though. Instead I had to make two pair and do the same thing.

brick 10-21-2007 07:15 PM

maybe you're too good at poker

SNOWBALL 10-21-2007 08:51 PM

I think he is checking that turn with AK, AJ, etc, but you should still call so that when you hit your 4 outer, you can lose 3 bets on river to his KK imo.

Oink 10-21-2007 09:52 PM

HOWMANY do you think he checks behind AK, AA on that turn?

I havent played with you guys, but I think an argument can be made for you betting the turn with Qx so he should be valuebetting worse hands enough for you to c/c again.

I end up c/c'ing both flop and turn here. And I hate myself when I c/c or c/f the river UI.

HOWMANY 10-21-2007 10:00 PM

Well the river was an A at which point I c/f and then realized that the river made no difference and the place to c/f was the turn if not the flop. I think flop is somewhat close, I think turn is very unclose and calling is pretty moronic.

I wouldn't bet a Q here against surfdoc on the turn, I'd attempt to c/r and if he checked I would then attempt to c/r again on the river if board doesn't pair and b/f if it does and I'm pretty sure this is the correct and best line to take.

Oink 10-21-2007 10:07 PM

well then I agree about c/f turn.

Could you elaborate on why you would c/r turn with a Q? I would always bet here thinking he checks behind too often. But maybe I am underestimating how often he has a valuebet

HOWMANY 10-21-2007 10:16 PM

If he does not put money into the pot himself on turn or river then I really don't see how he could call a bet in the first place. If he bets turn then I am guaranteed to put 2 bets in because he must call with two pair/set. If he checks two pair/set then he should certainly bet it on the river and because I'm the spazz I am I suspect I will gain 2 bets on the river. I do not think he should bet AA/AK on the turn because only bad things can happen (so obviously I should not call when he bets) and I do not think he should put another dollar into the pot with those hands so I'm not really worried about him checking them twice.

Oink 10-21-2007 10:19 PM

kthx