Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Big HU - 5th hand NLTRN (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527649)

JadeRedstone 10-21-2007 06:32 AM

Big HU - 5th hand NLTRN

Somehow I managed to win my way into a HU SNG against Amanda Baker (a Fulltilt pro)

History :

Hand 1. Hero limp call T7o / fold to cbet
Hand 2. Hero check 74o / fold on a QT9 flop
Hand 3. Hero raise Q8s / fold to 3bet
Hand 4. Hero folds 57o.
Hand 5.

Full Tilt (2 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)
Hero : 1320
Mandy B : 1680

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of 10.
Hero (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises 80</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets 120</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets 300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises 900</font>...

Thought on all streets please.

higHstaKesOwneR 10-21-2007 07:49 AM

Re: Big HU - 5th hand

raise pf
flopplay is ok but from time to time i def. raise here a call makes your hand kinda obvious
turn cb is ok also if i am not sure if he will pay you off with more hands on the river trough the cb but till he seems to be aggresiv and might bluff it might be another argument for playing cb
as played on the river i just call

krosch 10-21-2007 08:48 AM

raise pre.
post flop I think is ok. Looks like an Ace looking for a safe turn. I would just call river.

btw, hi everybody! this is my first post.

frede89 10-21-2007 12:39 PM

Call river. I don't think you are being paid by lower flushes enough to make a raise profitable.

HokieGreg 10-21-2007 03:46 PM

stop limping-raise preflop

xSCWx 10-21-2007 04:29 PM

Re: Big HU - 5th hand NLTRN

I'd bet smallish on the turn. As played I don't think you will get called by anything except the king.

Edit: Raise preflop.

JadeRedstone 10-22-2007 07:12 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I limped 1st hand because my previous opponent didn't show up. was hoping for the same and in fact, the timer almost run out before she raise. Also, I don't mind creating a passive weak image earlier on, help to steal later when the blinds go up.

Hare are my thought process trough the game. villain seems very aggressive, and raised 3 out of 4 hands (including reraising me). I almost never limp HU but decided to take this line so I can see a flop in position with a semi decent hand. Q9 can't stand a raise IMO and its a little too early to 4bet with air.

Call on the flop is obvious with the 2nd NFD, didn't want to raise and go to war against an A.
The turn can go either way. I think both options are ok.
If bet and she raise all the money goes in I guess.
If I bet and she call then check river, I have to bet again, but then I might be able to fold to a c/r.

After a lot of thoughts I agree the best option is to call. I doubt I get a call from [Ts].

Well, that was a very expensive mistake.
Villain had [Ad Ks]

alavet 10-22-2007 08:53 AM

miniraise river for value
100% call reraise

HokieGreg 10-22-2007 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies.

I limped 1st hand because my previous opponent didn't show up. was hoping for the same and in fact, the timer almost run out before she raise. Also, I don't mind creating a passive weak image earlier on, help to steal later when the blinds go up.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. ok you are right limping is clearly +ev. good luck at the tables.