Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Milestone (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526171)

phydaux 10-18-2007 10:15 PM

Milestone

About a year and a half ago I made my first cash deposit on Stars and I've been grinding uNL for that long. I moved up a few levels and have recently had several good months in a row.

I just did some quick calculations, and I realized that my current bankroll will just cover all I've spent on poker books in the last three years.

Congratulate me, I'm officially broke! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

chucky 10-18-2007 11:03 PM

Re: Milestone

This is why you should just find a friend who has the books and borrow his. Better yet have him do all the reading and thinking, then have him regurgitate it into your head. That's the cheap way to learn poker.

Poker Clif 10-22-2007 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why you should just find a friend who has the books and borrow his. Better yet have him do all the reading and thinking, then have him regurgitate it into your head. That's the cheap way to learn poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget libraries. If your local one doesn't have many books, ask to look at the interlibrary loan list.

steamboatin 10-22-2007 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About a year and a half ago I made my first cash deposit on Stars and I've been grinding uNL for that long. I moved up a few levels and have recently had several good months in a row.

I just did some quick calculations, and I realized that my current bankroll will just cover all I've spent on poker books in the last three years.

Congratulate me, I'm officially broke!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] What is the value of the knowledge? You forgot to factor that into your equation.

Farfenugen 10-22-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Congratulate me, I'm officially broke!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] What is the value of the knowledge? You forgot to factor that into your equation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to subtract the value of his time as well.

You just now covered the cost of your books after three good months? How much did you spend?

The 13th 4postle 10-22-2007 01:03 PM

Only now I'm I getting back the money I spent from poker books back. It's worth it just to know when you are playing well and when your not.

The 13th 4postle 10-22-2007 01:04 PM

If only I got to play and break even I would call it a success. I love poker and I just don't want to be a donkey.

Doc T River 10-22-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Congratulate me, I'm officially broke! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulation.

jeffnc 10-23-2007 09:59 AM

There are more expensive hobbies. Much more. Besides, you've made an invesment.