Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Weeee...small suited connectors are fun! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526154)

loosbastard 10-18-2007 09:49 PM

Weeee...small suited connectors are fun!

MP opener is on the nittier side of TAG. CO is TAGish and button is a total donk.

I figure CO has something like 88/99 here. Given board texture and the pot being multi-way, I think he's raising a set pretty much every time. Button is a total donk...so he really never has much here. My only concern was MP, but I think has an over-pair a lot of the time...and he might even lay it down given how strong my C/R looks given that it's 4-way.

Ridiculously standard?

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $101
CO: $232.40
BTN: $185.90
Hero (SB): $190.60
BB: $128.45
UTG: $106.95

Pre-Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $4</font>, CO calls $4, BTN calls $4, Hero calls $3.50, BB folds

Flop: ($17) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $12</font>, CO calls $12, BTN calls $12, <font color="red">Hero raises to $48</font>

nazahl 10-18-2007 10:01 PM

Re: Weeee...small suited connectors are fun!

lol whats the plan if you get called?

SonOfWestwood 10-18-2007 10:06 PM

Maybe it's a bit nitty, but I fold this pre-flop.

As played, I just call the flop. You're getting good immediate odds to hit.

loosbastard 10-18-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said...I'm not too worried about CO because he's pretty straightforward TAG and is almost always raising w/ 2pair+ here. I did really have to consider this though because being called or shoved on by him would really really suck given stacks.

loosbastard 10-18-2007 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played, I just call the flop. You're getting good immediate odds to hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the plan until everybody and their [censored] dog called. So much dead money!

Some9 10-18-2007 10:10 PM

I play it the same. They fold a ton and you pocket a big pot with nothing.

Ok here's the problem: vs CO you are 200 deep. He could potentially call you c/r with another SD or FD thinking he gets implied odds.

Minor problem. nh.

nazahl 10-18-2007 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said...I'm not too worried about CO because he's pretty straightforward TAG and is almost always raising w/ 2pair+ here. I did really have to consider this though because being called or shoved on by him would really really suck given stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

thing is, its likely someone out there has a flush draw. which puts you in a really bad spot if he just says "[censored] it" and shoves, or puts you in a really awkward spot on the turn if he just flat calls your raise.

ajmargarine 10-18-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ridiculous<strike>ly standard?</strike>!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

They need to invent a new word to describe this hand. Spew doesn't do it justice.

Unknown Soldier 10-18-2007 10:24 PM

spewtastic?

djj6835 10-18-2007 10:30 PM

This seems pretty terrible. MP has a hand and your raise is tiny as hell given the pot size.