Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   meh river yo (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525638)

inferno 10-18-2007 07:06 AM

meh river yo

villian is 46/18

Full Tilt Poker $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 3 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">Button bets</font>, Hero ..

Nick C 10-18-2007 08:24 AM

Re: meh river yo

Since I've been playing 0.5/1 lately when I've been playing limit at all and have been introduced to loads of completely retarded aggression, I would call this river.

However, I don't like your chances much.

istewart 10-18-2007 08:26 AM

Instacall from what I've seen at FT 5/10 lately.

Mitke 10-18-2007 08:28 AM

Calls. The decision was made on the turn(?) to call-down for 8.25:2.

Turn raise could be a J, your c/r flop - lead turn line could be read for a semibluff and the river bet in front of weakness is pretty automatic for many missed clubs.

Nick C 10-18-2007 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calls. The decision was made on the turn(?) to call-down for 8.25:2.

Turn raise could be a J, your c/r flop - lead turn line could be read for a semibluff and the river bet in front of weakness is pretty automatic for many missed clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's logical, which I suppose is appropriate for 5/10, which I used to play.

But, crap, at the 0.5/1 I was getting called tonight by Js6s and A4o and 33 on this flop, and a follow-up ambush turn raise wasn't out of the question for any of those hands.

So when I spoke about "retarded aggression," that's what I was drawing from. I mean, at times I had to tell myself, I have a pair, the pot is big, [censored] hand-reading, I'm calling.

Mitke 10-18-2007 09:08 AM

Btw, are those stats for 3-max? I guess vpip would be reasonable for 3-max and the pfr a tad low, am I right?

If so, he might be on the passive side and I don't like the call-down that much - but folding TP even if our kicker doesn't play anymore in 3-max just doesn't come very naturally from me.