Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   NL 200 - 2 pair facing river shove (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524535)

solvine 10-16-2007 07:56 PM

NL 200 - 2 pair facing river shove

i have just started trying to take a shot at NL 200 again, and dont know if i am being too tight on this river

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $187
SB: $74.75
BB: $88
UTG: $42.75
UTG+1: $192.75
MP1: $198
Hero (MP2): $229.15
CO: $200

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP2)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, CO calls $7, 3 folds

Flop: ($17) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, CO calls $12

Turn: ($41) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, CO calls $30

River: ($101) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $151 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: $201 Pot ($3 Rake)
CO mucked and WON $198 (+$99 NET)

villain is solid reg who runs at 11.33/8.37/2.9

should i have c/c river???

CalledDownLight 10-16-2007 09:04 PM

Re: NL 200 - 2 pair facing river shove

I would be bet/calling the river for like $68. I don't see this as being a good fold on the river at all since I can't see him showing up with any hands that beat you really. I mean, I guess 33 and 44 are in his range here, but seems like he has KQ here a lot and I really don't knw wtf else he shows up with besides air, but I don't get air either. This hand is very weird by him.

justscott 10-16-2007 09:45 PM

Wouldnt a set raise you on the turn when the 2 diamonds come and the wheel draw. I call this.

solvine 10-16-2007 09:45 PM

i dont see what he is shoving here though???

too eazy 10-16-2007 09:46 PM

this is a set like 100% of the time.

however, your bet sizing means better players will shove this river with a lot of bluffs.

ncboiler 10-16-2007 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be bet/calling the river for like $68. I don't see this as being a good fold on the river at all since I can't see him showing up with any hands that beat you really. I mean, I guess 33 and 44 are in his range here, but seems like he has KQ here a lot and I really don't knw wtf else he shows up with besides air, but I don't get air either. This hand is very weird by him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see this being K/Q but I don't know how this is weird if it is. You are thinking that he would raise the flop if he has K/Q?

hielo_uno 10-16-2007 10:03 PM

his line is really doesnt make sense to me here. There is almost no way for him to have a diamond flush here, since the Qd is on the board. So its the question of whether he has a set here or not? If he is a solid reg, he would def. put a raise w/ the set on the flop or the turn.

The only hand villain holds here that make sense to me is KQ.

This is not a profitable situation tho, if you were taking a shot, i think folding is reasonable too.

Im also a NL200 reg at FTP, who is the villain here? maybe i'll have some notes on him.

CalledDownLight 10-16-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see this being K/Q but I don't know how this is weird if it is. You are thinking that he would raise the flop if he has K/Q?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm saying that this line makes sense to me with exactly KQ and no other hands really. 3d4d is also realistic, but I'm not sure if thats in his range. Thats the only flush I can ever see him having though.