Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I have air here nearly always, right? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524369)

recallme 10-16-2007 03:52 PM

I have air here nearly always, right?

Villain was pooruser, a good tag. No history between us, but he`s aware that i am active and ablt o make moves

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $10/$20
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $2208
UTG+1: $2060
Hero: $1970
Button: $3756.50
SB: $2016.35
BB: $2657

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $80</font>, Hero calls, 3 folds.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($190, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $140</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($470, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($470, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $300</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $1090</font>

My line looks so much like a draw/air, right?
Is this a call?

whiffer1983 10-16-2007 04:00 PM

Re: I have air here nearly always, right?

seems like that, i wooudlnt expect a good hand to chk oop turn with extremely drawy board, his line isnt really repping ne thing, so yeh i'd look it up,

king_of_drafts 10-16-2007 07:09 PM

don't like preflop, and I think pooruser has 77 or backdoored diamonds a lot of the time here...also I kinda think you should check river.

recallme 10-16-2007 07:13 PM

Kod, is he really expecting, that i have a hand worth calling a c/r AI. Or is he on the level that he knows that i know my line is weak?

Wouldn`t he bet his backdoor draw on the the turn? That was my thinking.

Snygaard 10-16-2007 07:38 PM

Looks like exactly 77 or air. He might have went for the c/r on turn with a set and decide to go for another on the river, but it seems unlikely. I also tihnk he would double barrel if he picked up a flush draw on the turn.

ImNotSoGood 10-16-2007 08:14 PM

I like a fold here against this villain. His line looks a lot like a turned FD/combo draw that was looking to c/r the turn, or possibly a whiffed c/r of a set/straight on the turn.

I don't think he does this with a set on the river too often though, I think he'd just lead the river rather than c/r. He is def. capable of doing it w/ a set/straight though.

I fold here though, I feel like he'd think his line looks like air to you, so he wouldn't be likely to take this as a bluff line. That, the turn check, and river checkraise makes me feel like he has the nuts or close to it very often here.

Edit: If you guys haven't noticed, stacks are really bad for villain to bet a flush draw on the turn.

WelshChip 10-16-2007 09:52 PM

wtf,

this looks like a hand that missed a turn c/r so c/rs the river. Don't really see hwo it's narrowed down to rivered nut holdings.

r3vbr 10-17-2007 12:01 AM

Biggest error on the hand: thin valuebet vs. POORUSER? (widely known for his genious plays). Why even play vs. this guy is beyond me

r3vbr 10-17-2007 12:02 AM

I think now that you bet you gotta call... Reasoning: since he is so good, He knows your exact hand (KQ) and therefore he knows you can't call. So you call.

MixMastaPJ 10-17-2007 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think now that you bet you gotta call... Reasoning: since he is so good, He knows your exact hand (KQ) and therefore he knows you can't call. So you call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Profound