Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AQ utg vs. loose (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524318)

Orsman 10-16-2007 02:47 PM

AQ utg vs. loose

Reads: I have been playing alot against this guy and he seems to be decent but he is down in my db and is often not rebuying on the table until he busts. He is definetly capable of making some weird bluffs and often stacks of light.

I'm not really sure what do do on turn, does anyone like a raise/shove? I guess as played the river is a fold?

200 nl, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | <font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($303.75)
SB ($14.55)
BB <font color="#C00000">BB ($225.50)</font>
UTG Hero ($204.75)
UTG+1 ($80.95)
CO ($200.00)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero raises to 8.00, 4 folds, BB calls 6.00.

Flop (17.00) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets 14.00, BB calls 14.00.

Turn (45.00) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets 34.00, Hero calls 34.00.

River (113.00) J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets 56.00, 1 fold

HoldEmNewby 10-16-2007 03:11 PM

Re: AQ utg vs. loose

after calling the turn what card were you hoping to come down on the river? I just can't see the J as being that big a scare card that i wouldn't call a &lt;1/2 pot on the river after calling his turn donk. I'd either fold the turn or call the turn and call the river.

graydot 10-16-2007 04:44 PM

I rather raise turn instead of flat calling.

I think I fold the river here

bagclip2007 10-16-2007 04:55 PM

ya i would raise the turn for sure or just fold right there

jlocdog 10-16-2007 05:26 PM

Orsman- well played

HoldemNB- That J was one of the worst cards for us.

It filled many hands that were in his range. At the same time though, that A on the turn was a good scare card for him to use to take the lead. Thus I like the call on the turn, but once he follows through on the river many of the heavily weighted hands that you once were beating (KJ,AJ), you now are behind.

Also his line is very strong. He opens UTG and then c/c that flop. I can understand a float if he missed but once he takes the lead on that ace turn we have to give him credit for turning this hand into a big hand or a big bluff. That river reeks of value town. Because his line seem so strong, why would he suddenly go mental on the end and crap out. That bet is intended to get called almost always.

Oct0puz 10-16-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I rather raise turn instead of flat calling.

I think I fold the river here

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would you raise the turn, but fold the river given the turn call? And why raise the turn? What worse hands call us? If he had a draw he propably already got there.