Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   ah7h live ridiculous structure; table chip leader is bully maniac (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523653)

Mr.WeakTight 10-15-2007 06:04 PM

ah7h live ridiculous structure; table chip leader is bully maniac

guy has been raising a lot and with oobleck- he accidentally flashed 24o when he folded last time. he's the table chip leader. whoever gets all the chips gets all the $$, a/k/a usual SNG go for 3rd strategery does not apply. He pushed with 2nd pair, ace kicker (A9). he got lucky on one hand when he was behind but made a flush with the 2h. He's got a big stack, maybe 1200?

we start with 300 chips. blinds started at 10/15, then 10/25. 25/50 50/100. 15 minute levels. at level 2 he raises to 75. I doubled up on the first hand. then lost about 100 with blinds/calls. I call on the button with Ah7h. thought about pushing since I thought he was FOS, but thought I'd see a flop.

7xTh2h flop. he pushes. call or fold?

J-P 10-15-2007 06:16 PM

Re: ah7h live ridiculous structure; table chip leader is bully maniac

What other flop do you want with this hand? ARRRRINNNNNNNN!!

K䲰䮥n 10-15-2007 06:18 PM

wow you should really work on your story telling skills. try to make this story into a HH, you'l get better replies that way.

vers 10-15-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow you should really work on your story telling skills. try to make this story into a HH, you'l get better replies that way.

[/ QUOTE ]'

Agreed. You flopped a pair and nfd? Umm Call?

Solanthos 10-15-2007 06:26 PM

Beat him into the pot, Hellmuth-style. Except without looking like a blundering idiot.

ssnyc 10-15-2007 06:36 PM

convert? I'm really having trouble reading it but I guess the bottom line is that byou have 2nd pair and nut flush draw vs a psycho lag monkey in a turbo crapshoot...if you fold you may as well leave now and get drunk

kleath 10-15-2007 06:48 PM

def get it in after seeing the flop but coldcalling pre is pretty bad in this structure with your stack, I dont mind a shove but coldcalling is just no good, esp if you think about folding at all with one of the best flops you can get.

j4lvlie 10-15-2007 07:08 PM

hh please.

Mr.WeakTight 10-16-2007 05:34 AM

can't convert a live hand unless you first wrote it out as if it was online.

but yeah, he's a maniac, I connected. insta-call- he had Tx for top pair; I s/have pushed pre. oh well. won the next one I played when the deck hit me over the head.

alex-star 10-16-2007 08:33 PM

Damn, presto all-in.